corner corner "Read It, Swap It, Leave It" Bookring

"Read It, Swap It, Leave It" Bookring
by Plum-crazy | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 12/11/2016

status (set by yorkshire-lass): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, December 11, 2016

So here's what will happen.....

I will send out a package containing THREE books to the first on the list. When you receive the package, just follow these simple (I hope!) steps....

STEP ONE
Choose ONE of the three books to read. Read it, then return it to the package....after journaling it of course ;o)

STEP TWO
Choose one of the remaining two books to swap with one of your own, then keep it -preferably to read at your leisure but do-with-it-what-you-will, after all it's yours now!

STEP THREE
The last book will be left in the package to send on to the next player....you don't do anything with it, don't even journal it!

STEP FOUR
Post to the next on the list!
The envelope you send on MUST still contain THREE books...made up of TWO of the books that you received - one of which you read & journaled - plus one book of your own. (As this is UK only, postage should be £2.85 as package will be less than 2kg)

PLEASE NOTE: You DO NOT have to read the same book as the previous player - choose what you like!

Hope that makes sense, I did try to keep it simple, honest..... :o)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some "rules"/guidelines.....

Please aim to move the package on within 4 weeks. This should give you ample time to read one of the books.

Please list the three books you send on in the Bookrings journal when releasing & PLEASE indicate which one you read. This is more for my own interest than anything as I like to know what is added/taken & also to see if one particular book gets a lot of readers!

PLEASE keep the genres mixed....it's no fun receiving three horror books to choose from if you hate horror! And not more than one book by any author at a time.Please try avoid later books in a series.

Out of courtesy to other readers please ensure the books are in a good condition.

Please replace envelope as necessary!

Players:

Edit: As there are a lot of players, I've split it into two groups. It will go to another round as when I have rec'd, read & swapped Group 1's books I'll send them onto Group 2 & vice versa - if you don't want to play when it comes round to you again no probs, just let us know & we'll move onto the next one :o)

Group Two:

caroline-m
cfreckle
kinedi
Nataliec7
Strigulino
DerbyshireE11 (moved down list)
Silver-Greece
Sparkish
DerbyshireE11 asked to be skipped

Back to me & then probably another round....

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at By mail, Book Box -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (12/14/2016 UTC) at By mail, Book Box -- Controlled Releases

Bookbox two is on it's way - enjoy! :o)

Edited to say:
Ooops!....forgot to say what was in the parcel!

The Good Girl - Fiona Neill

The Radleys - Matt Haig

One Day - David Nicholls

Journal Entry 3 by caroline-m at New Eltham, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Thanks a lot to Plum for starting this bookring, and I was so excited to find that the second bookbox would be starting with me!

I received the parcel last week, and it contained:

The Good Girl by Fiona Neill

The Radleys by Matt Haig

One Day by David Nicholls

(Plus the unexpected treat of a wishlist book and some chocolote, thanks so much Plum!)

I decided straight away that One Day would be my book to leave, as I very rarely read a book after already having seen the film, so that left me to decide which book to read and which to swap.

"The Radleys" as a humorous YA book about vampires is exactly my cup of tea, and so I was tempted to pick it as my one to read, and then keep "The Good Girl" as it didn't really appeal at first sight but might end up being worth a look at some point. But then I thought if I keep the book I'm not sure about, I'll probably never read it, so I gave it a go and actually it was a lot better than I'd thought!

That means I'm keeping "The Radleys" and replacing it with:

Small Island by Andrea Levy

I finally got round to reading this after meaning to for ages, and only finished a few days ago. I enjoyed it so much I knew it had to be the one I added to this bookbox so that hopefully others will get to enjoy it too.

I'm planning to pack the books back up and be ready to send off in the next couple of days!

Journal Entry 4 by caroline-m at New Eltham, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, December 31, 2016

Dropping off at the Post Office this morning!

Journal Entry 5 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Books are with me!

I have received:

The Good Girl by Fiona Neill

One Day by David Nicholls

Small Island by Andrea Levy

I will update with my choices later when I've made my decision and I'm ready to send them on again!

Journal Entry 6 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, January 20, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (1/21/2017 UTC) at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom

Sending this bookring onto the next person.

I read 'One Day',
swapped 'Small Island' for 'Before I Go To Sleep'
and left 'The Good Girl'.

Journal Entry 7 by wingkinediwing at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Monday, January 23, 2017

The book box has arrived with me today. Thank you. For once it's an easy choice as I have already read two of the books in the box so only one left to read which will be '' The Good Girl'' by Fiona Neill. I will update once read and decided which one to swap.

Journal Entry 8 by wingkinediwing at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Monday, January 30, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (2/2/2017 UTC) at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom

Onto the next reader !

I have taken out ''Before I go to sleep'' and put in '' Philomena''

Journal Entry 9 by wingNataliec7wing at West Molesey, Surrey United Kingdom on Friday, February 03, 2017

Received this morning.

The books I've received are:
Good Girl by Fiona Neill - Swapping it!
Philomena by Martin Sixsmith - Leaving It!
One Day by David Nicholls - Reading It!

I've added Dog Boy by Eva Horning.

Journal Entry 10 by wingNataliec7wing at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Monday, February 13, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (2/13/2017 UTC) at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Travelling on to Strigulino!

Journal Entry 11 by Strigulino at Basildon, Essex United Kingdom on Sunday, February 19, 2017

Just got the mystery box:
Philomena - Martin Sixsmith
Dog Boy - Eva Hornung

Philomena I'll leave in the box - not really my kind of thing.

I'm going to read One Day as I like a funny one.

I shall then keep Dog Boy as my husband likes wolves and such, so I imagine he'd like to read it too.

Will keep you all posted.

Strig

/edit Sorry I've had this for ages. Work took over :( I've finished reading now and will get the next address and pass it on.

Journal Entry 12 by Strigulino at Book Ring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Finished the book and am just waiting on the address of the next person - have sent them a PM.

I was nosing through the wish lists to see if I could help anyone on the list with one of their requests and was super-pleased to see that Plum-Crazy had put Caimh McDonnell's "A Man with One of Those Faces" on their wish list - I read it a while ago as (confession time) he's a friend and I really enjoyed it so I'm keen for more people to read it!! So that's going to be the new book from me, and hopefully it will reach Plum at some point...

And before you ask, it's pronounced "Kweev". ;)

So the box will contain:

Philomena - Martin Sixsmith
One Day - David Nicholls
A Man With One of Those Faces - Caimh McDonnell.

I'll put a release date on when I've got the next address and posted it.

Journal Entry 13 by Silver-Greece at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, July 09, 2017

Just received it.
The parcel contained:
1. Philomena: I'll leave it, just because I found the other two books more close to my style

2. A man with one of those faces, Caimh McDonnell: I'll read it and it sounds very interesting

3. One Day, David Nicholls: I'll swap it with ...
Digging to America, Anne Tyler

Thank you Plum-crazy and everyone for sharing!

Journal Entry 14 by Silver-Greece at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, July 31, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (7/31/2017 UTC) at London, Greater London United Kingdom

I am sending the box today to the next person on the list

Journal Entry 15 by wingSparkishwing at Fleckney, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 02, 2017

I received this today, thanks for sending! I think I am going to

READ - Man with one of those Faces by Caimh McDonnell
SWAP - Philomena by Martin Sixsmith (My sort of thing but I think I will need to be in the right mood to tackle it)
LEAVE - Digging to America by Anne Tyler

Will decide what I will be adding later x

Journal Entry 16 by wingSparkishwing at Fleckney, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Released 11 mos ago (10/3/2017 UTC) at Fleckney, Leicestershire United Kingdom

So sorry for the delay in sending this on. Will be in the post today.

Journal Entry 17 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, October 05, 2017

The ring is safely home & includes:

"A Man With One of Those Faces"by Caimh McDonnell (which is on my wishlist so will definitely be read, but not sure whether it will go round again or not yet!)
"Empire State" by Colin Bateman
& "Digging to America" by Anne Tyler (that I registered lol)

I am intending to keep the ring going though it maybe a while before I set it off again as I figure everyone will be busy coming up to & over Xmas (it's not that long off!). I will ask if anyone new wants adding otherwise no need to do anything, if you don't want to play again just say so when it comes to you Thanks for taking part :o)

*ROUND ONE FINISHED!*

Journal Entry 18 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, December 31, 2017

ROUND TWO

I've moved Spartaca, mysteriousmummy & earthcaroleanne from group one as that ring seems to be stalled & are continuing with the books I received on the ring's return home.

mysteriousmummy
Diane-Fraser
cfreckle
Tanamo
3vie
earthcaroleanne (moved down by request)
Spartaca (no reply July 2018)
Trichardson
caroline -m
JemmaJ
elstaplador
kisses-cuddles

Journal Entry 19 by wingPlum-crazywing at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Friday, February 02, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (2/2/2018 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Round two is off & on it's way to mysteriousmummy. Carrying on with the books I received back, it includes....

My "READ" book: "A Man With One of Those Faces" - Ciamh McDonnell

My "SWAPPED" book: "The Butcher's Hook" - Janet Ellis

& the book I left is "Empire State" - Colin Bateman

Journal Entry 20 by mysteriousmummy at Shefford, Bedfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 10, 2018

Thanks to plum-crazy for sending - I received

My "READ" book: "A Man With One of Those Faces" - Ciamh McDonnell

My "SWAPPED" book: "The Butcher's Hook" - Janet Ellis

& the book I left is "Empire State" - Colin Bateman

I'm going to read "A man with one of those faces" in fact I've already read six chapters!

I will swap Butchers Hook - not sure what for yet

And I will leave Empire State

It's half term so hopefully I will finish it quickly and get posted on soon.

Journal Entry 21 by mysteriousmummy at Controlled Release, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (3/6/2018 UTC) at Controlled Release, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Will be off to Diane Fraser in the post tomorrow.

Journal Entry 22 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Picked up from post office today.
Yet to decide what do :-)

I swapped A Man With One of Those Faces
I read Sharp Objects
I left Empire State

Journal Entry 23 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (4/17/2018 UTC) at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Posted to cfreckle yesterday

Journal Entry 24 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 20, 2018

It arrived yesterday while I was out. Thank you x

And thank you Diane-Fraser for all the lovely art and craft bits and pieces. They will come in very handy xx

I wasn't sure about which of the books to read, so I read the first couple of pages of them all to see which one I fancied the most and there was one that got my attention and does look like an interesting read, so I'm going to carrying on with that one.

As for which of the books I will swap and which I will leave, I'll decide at a later date.

Journal Entry 25 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (5/24/2018 UTC) at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom

I swapped Empire State
I read Once In A House Fire
I left Sharp Objects

Sending it on to the next person x

Journal Entry 26 by Tanamo at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Monday, June 04, 2018

I've read Sharp Objects and the ring will be going to 3vie when I can get to the PO - probably on Friday.

Journal Entry 27 by Tanamo at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Friday, June 08, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (6/8/2018 UTC) at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Mailing on to 3vie

Journal Entry 28 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Monday, June 11, 2018

Books are with me. Just need to decide which to read/swap/leave.

Journal Entry 29 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Friday, June 22, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (6/23/2018 UTC) at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Ok, I’ve made my decisions and the ring is ready to travel again.
I’ve read Sharp Objects -Gillian Flynn
Swapped The Shell Seekers -Rosamund Pilcher and
Left Once in a House Fire -Andrea Ashworth

I’ve put in Holy Island -LJ Ross

Journal Entry 30 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Picked up from the post office today.

Journal Entry 31 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Abercynon, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Released 2 mos ago (7/10/2018 UTC) at Abercynon, Wales United Kingdom

Going in the post today. Spartaca doesn't seem to be active any more so sending on to T_Richardson_x.

Read Holy Island by JL Ross
Swapped Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
Left Once in a House Fire by Andrea Ashworth

Journal Entry 32 by T_richardson_x at Abercynon, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, July 12, 2018

Arrived today! I received:
Once in a House on Fire by Andrea Ashworth
The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton
Holy Island by LJ Ross

Journal Entry 33 by T_richardson_x at Abercynon, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, September 03, 2018

This ring is ready to travel again! (Also, so sorry my little one scribbled all over the postcard... He's a little devil sometimes.)

I read Once in a House on Fire by Andrea Ashworth
I swapped The Little Red Chairs by Edna O'Brien
I left Holy Island by LJ Ross

Journal Entry 34 by T_richardson_x at Abercynon, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, September 17, 2018

Released 5 days ago (9/17/2018 UTC) at Abercynon, Wales United Kingdom

On it's way, sorry for the delay!

Journal Entry 35 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 19, 2018

The books are now with me, I intend to start reading a book today and hope to get it on its way again in a couple of weeks.