Oryx and Crake

by Margaret Atwood | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by Kally93 of Brantford, Ontario Canada on 6/16/2011
Journal Entry 1 by Kally93 from Brantford, Ontario Canada on Thursday, June 16, 2011
A futuristic novel writen by one of Canada's most well known authors.

The narrator of Atwood''s riveting novel calls himself Snowman. When the story opens, he is sleeping in a tree, wearing an old bedsheet, mourning the loss of his beloved Oryx and his best friend Crake, and slowly starving to death. He searches for supplies in a wasteland where insects proliferate and pigoons and wolvogs ravage the pleeblands, where ordinary people once lived, and the Compounds that sheltered the extraordinary. As he tries to piece together what has taken place, the narrative shifts to decades earlier. How did everything fall apart so quickly? Why is he left with nothing but his haunting memories? Alone except for the green-eyed Children of Crake, who think of him as a kind of monster, he explores the answers to these questions in the double journey he takes - into his own past, and back to Crake''s high-tech bubble-dome, where the Paradice Project unfolded and the world came to grief.

Waiting to send out in "I love my country" RABCK exchange.

Journal Entry 2 by Kally93 at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada on Thursday, July 07, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (7/6/2011 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada

Released for "I love my country" RABCK.

Journal Entry 3 by Foxears at Linköping, Östergötland Sweden on Thursday, August 18, 2011
I've actually heard quite a lot about this book. When I was in highschool one of the parallel classes was reading this on their English lessons. As I had friends in this class I could often hear them complain about the book, because they had to read it, and it was all wierd. I've asked at least one of them afterwards if it was as bad as they made it sound. It wasn't, he said it was actually a good book even though it was somewhat wierd... the complaining had, as always just been complaining about having to do homework ;)

Thanks a lot, I do really look forward to read this book! :D

Journal Entry 4 by Foxears at Linköping, Östergötland Sweden on Thursday, September 01, 2011
TO CHINA: This book will follow me with my smaller selection of bookcrossing books when I move to China.

Journal Entry 5 by wingCross-patchwing at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Monday, January 11, 2016
This special book has travelled again and is now in England. Thank you very much; it is the very next on my reading list!

Journal Entry 6 by wingCross-patchwing at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 29, 2018
It was a long time waiting to be read, but a trip to Canada this summer prompted me to take the plunge. It was, as expected, a fascinating read. Sometimes, with reading matter, one needs a little nudge and I, for one, am grateful for it. Well deserving of praise.

Journal Entry 7 by wingCross-patchwing at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (8/30/2018 UTC) at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Off to fulfill a U.K. Wishlist tag. I hope you enjoy it.

Journal Entry 8 by 4evagreen at Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 01, 2018
Book and labels arrived safely. Thanks for sharing I look forward to reading.