A Sea of Troubles

by Donna Leon | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 009941516x Global Overview for this book
Registered by Carole888 of Perth, Western Australia Australia on 2/5/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Carole888 from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Thursday, February 05, 2009
(A donation to my shelf by a friend for release!! I will read this first as I can't seem to go past anything set in Venice..... sigh!)

From Amazon:
The murder of two clam fishermen off the island of Pellestrina, south of the Lido on the Venetian lagoon, draws Commissario Brunetti into the island's close-knit community, bound together by a code of loyalty and a suspicion of outsiders worthy of the Mafia. When the Vice-Questore's secretary Signorina Elettra volunteers to visit the island, where she has relatives, Brunetti finds himself torn between his duty to solve the murders, concerns for Elettra's safety, and his not entirely straightforward feelings for her.

About the Author
Donna Leon has lived and taught English literature in Switzerland, Iran, China, Italy and Saudi Arabia. She now lives in Venice. She is the Sunday Times' crime reviewer.

(I have noticed that there is a travel book on Italy called Brunetti's Venice!)

Addit Apr o8 - and yes, I've read it! A good holiday read.... nice writing style. I think the cover shows the dome of the church of Santa Maria della Salute .... which coencidently happens to be the scene for the month of June on my calender this year.... :)

Journal Entry 2 by Carole888 at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (5/4/2009 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

This has been sent on a journey with another book as there was room in the bag for one more ................... Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by catsalive from Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Monday, May 11, 2009
Thanks Carole. I haven't read any of Leon's books, although I have a couple on my shelf. It may be time. I like this title.

Journal Entry 4 by catsalive from Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Monday, July 06, 2009
An enjoyable read.

Journal Entry 5 by catsalive at Australia, Book Relay -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (7/21/2009 UTC) at Australia, Book Relay -- Controlled Releases

Sent to crimson-tide for the make me read it relay.

Journal Entry 6 by wingcrimson-tidewing from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Thanks cat. I've read a couple in this series now and do enjoy them.

Journal Entry 7 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Thursday, December 18, 2014
Finally found and read all the others of the series preceding this one (#10), so could happily join Brunetti on Pellestrina. Another enjoyable read. Was a bit different from the others for a few reasons; **spoiler alert** . . . set in a completely different part of Venice, the drama on the water, Signorina Elettra's involvement, and the fact that in this case they may actually be able to get a conviction...

Journal Entry 8 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Monday, January 15, 2018

Released 10 mos ago (1/15/2018 UTC) at Balingup, Western Australia Australia

Noticed you had a few from the series on your shelf - hope you haven't read this one.

Journal Entry 9 by wingamberCwing at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Thursday, January 18, 2018
I like Donna Leon and I haven't read this one. Thank you.