Thirty-Nine Steps.

by John Buchan | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingTuttasbwing of Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on 11/13/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingTuttasbwing from Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Got this book from the Freestore, Strandveien 27, Svartlamon in Trondheim.

If you should find this book and you're new to BookCrossing - WELCOME! You have found not only a book but a community of booklovers dedicated to the sharing of books. I hope that you will write a journal entry letting me know that this book has been found. Feel free to keep it or pass it on to a friend or set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. You can remain anonymous but if you are interested in joining (This is a FREE & SPAM-FREE Website:), I hope you’ll consider using Tuttasb (that's me!) as the one who referred you!

Journal Entry 2 by wingTuttasbwing at Wishlist Tag Game , a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (5/13/2014 UTC) at Wishlist Tag Game , a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

I read this book the last couple of days. Didn't turn out to be a favorite but it was OK. Now it's posted to Denmark as a part of the 1001 List Wishlist Tag Game.

Journal Entry 3 by MMMaartje at Brønshøj, København Amt Denmark on Friday, May 16, 2014
Received in the mail from Tuttasb today! Thank you! :)

Journal Entry 4 by MMMaartje at Nieuwegein, Utrecht Netherlands on Friday, July 01, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (7/1/2016 UTC) at Nieuwegein, Utrecht Netherlands

Sending this to Cfreckle in the UK as a RABCK! :) Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 16, 2016
The postman delivered a wonderful surprise today that even in 16 days I had forgotten all about! Thank you so much Tazzalicious for sending it to me. It's really kind of you x

Journal Entry 6 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (10/19/2016 UTC) at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom

Hi, I really hope you enjoy reading this...I'm very sorry, but I didn't have anything on your wishlist. So I've sent you a 1001 book list book and filled the box with other goodies instead xx

Journal Entry 7 by wingCathrineBwing at Hønefoss, Buskerud fylke Norway on Wednesday, October 26, 2016
Thank you so much for this book, chocolates, tea and postcards! Cfreckle, don't worry about the fact that the book isn't on my wishlist! I like other books as well, and I love to stumble across new to me authors and books, as I might find something I really like:)
And it's interesting receiving books that are on the 1001 books you must read before you die list.

Journal Entry 8 by wingCathrineBwing at Hønefoss, Buskerud fylke Norway on Thursday, December 22, 2016
I enjoyed this interesting story!

From the back of the book:
"When Richard Hannay returns from a long stay in Africa, he becomes caught up in a sensational plot to precipate a pan-European war.

After the discovery of a corpse in his flat, Hannay flees the attentions of both the conspirators and the forces of law, and the pursuit turns into a thrilling manhunt.

Set against the hot summer which precedes the outbreak of the First World War, The Thirty-nine Steps is one of the finest and most highly admired thrillers ever written."

Book size:
11x17,7 cm, 0,7 cm thick. 70 grams.

Journal Entry 9 by 1001-library at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, January 13, 2017
Thanks so much for your donation CathrineB!

This book is now part of the 1001-library. If you want to take this book from the library but don't know how to proceed, please refer to the 1001-library bookshelf.

Journal Entry 10 by wingCathrineBwing at Hønefoss, Buskerud fylke Norway on Saturday, February 03, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (2/5/2018 UTC) at Hønefoss, Buskerud fylke Norway

Sent to JosefinJ, to be borrowed.

Journal Entry 11 by JosefinJ at Kristinehamn, Värmland Sweden on Sunday, February 18, 2018
Got this a week ago. I will begin to read it this week!

Journal Entry 12 by JosefinJ at Karlskoga, Värmland Sweden on Thursday, May 10, 2018

Released 9 mos ago (5/11/2018 UTC) at Karlskoga, Värmland Sweden

Sending this back to CathrineB. It was more than nice of you to let me borrow it. Have a lovely weekend!

Journal Entry 13 by wingCathrineBwing at Hønefoss, Buskerud fylke Norway on Friday, May 18, 2018
Received back today.

Journal Entry 14 by 1001-library at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, May 19, 2018
This book is now back on the 1001 library bookshelf and can be borrowed by PMing CathrineB:)

If you want to take this book from the library but don't know how to proceed, please refer to the library bookshelf.