The Girl from the Other Side: Siuil A Run Vol. 3

by Nagabe | Graphic Novels |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 11/6/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, November 06, 2017
I got this book at Barnes and Noble, after enjoying Volume One. The unusual artwork and eerie, poignant storyline is very appealing.

This volume picks up from the events of Volume Two, with little Shiva having been found by her aunt - whom she'd thought was dead. While she's happy to see her, she's confused and upset by the speed with which her aunt takes her away, not letting her say goodbye to her beloved Teacher. Indeed, the soldiers accompanying the coach open fire on him as an Outsider - good thing the Outsiders don't really take damage, but it does slow him down.

We see a tranquil scene when Shiva and her aunt are taken back to their small village, where the locals have been told by the officials that they're both free of infection, and so they are welcomed. But we also see that the officials have a sinister purpose for Shiva - granted, it's part of their last hope to stop the epidemic of people turning into Outsiders, but it sounds pretty grim for Shiva.

Lots of touching scenes here, including the one where the aunt asks Shiva if she's sure she never touched "that Outsider" - and she truthfully answers that she did not, because Teacher has always been very careful about that. But the aunt didn't ask about any other Outsiders, and Shiva apologizes inwardly for not admitting that she was touched by another... She has nightmares about that, with some delightfully eerie images. And then, whether it's due to Shiva or some other source, the plague does begin to invade the village, and the official reaction is swift and harsh. Poor Shiva has to flee yet again!

Another fine entry in this beautifully-drawn story. And there are some cute omake strips as well.

Continued in Volume Four.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, May 04, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (5/4/2018 UTC) at Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I'm adding this to the Otherworldly bookbox, which will be on its way to its next stop soon. Enjoy!

*** Released for the 2018 Mothers Day release challenge. ***

Journal Entry 3 by AlterEgoZoe at Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, May 08, 2018
Taken out of the Otherworldly box. I am excited to read this one. At this rate I’m slowly reading these volumes from Gory (wry grin)