The Amber Room: A Novel

by Steve Berry | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Releanna of Wien Bezirk 23 - Liesing, Wien Austria on 9/17/2016
Journal Entry 1 by Releanna from Wien Bezirk 23 - Liesing, Wien Austria on Saturday, September 17, 2016
The Amber Room is one of the greatest treasures ever made by man: an entire room forged of exquisite amber, from its four massive walls to its finely crafted furniture. But it is also the subject of one of history's most intriguing mysteries. Originally commissioned in 1701 by Frederick I of Prussia, the Room was later perfected Tsarskoe Selo, the Russian imperial city. In 1941, German troops invaded the Soviet Union, looting everything in their wake and seizing the Amber Room. When the Allies began the bombing of Germany in August 1944, the Room was hidden. And despite the best efforts of treasure hunters and art collectors from around the world, it has never been seen again.

Journal Entry 2 by Releanna at Birthday Buddy, Birthday present -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, September 17, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (9/17/2016 UTC) at Birthday Buddy, Birthday present -- Controlled Releases

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Journal Entry 3 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Sunday, September 25, 2016
Thank you Releanna, for this book and the rest of the presents in my birthday package!

Journal Entry 4 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Tuesday, November 27, 2018
Finally got around to reading this. It was another fun, suspenseful book, my second one by this author. A bit far fetched in some places, but that was to be expected, I think.