Take a Thief

by Mercedes Lackey | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by nialla808 of Seattle, Washington USA on 6/18/2019
Journal Entry 1 by nialla808 from Seattle, Washington USA on Tuesday, June 18, 2019
This looks fun, picked it up at the non-LFL bookshare off Nelson in Del Ray.

Journal Entry 2 by nialla808 at Arlington, Virginia USA on Monday, June 24, 2019
I would have looooooooooooooved this book as a teen. Not just for the talking horses, but that would be enough. The well organized medieval-esque world was also a beautiful fantasy, though I got the impression the author was a little more preoccupied with dirt than her narrator was likely to be. He sure talked about cleanliness, but I guess he was a diamond in the rough. My impression of whether it was destiny or effort that made him good was mixed though. Like he was naturally just better than all the baddies, but then rewarded for the personal effort he made to be good. But I will stop analyzing because I love talking animals who love their flawed protagonists unconditionally.

Released 3 wks ago (6/24/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library #36793 - Crystal City Water Park in Arlington, Virginia USA

At the Little Free Library in the Water Park.