corner corner The Quotable Birder

The Quotable Birder
by Bill Adler Jr. | Outdoors & Nature
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 2/9/2018

status (set by GoryDetails): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, February 09, 2018

I got this hardcover, with a message on the flyleaf from a previous owner, at the Book Cellar. It contains a variety of bird-themed quotes from around the world, some literary, some philosophical, some observational, some funny. They're grouped loosely into chapters, though I found some of the entries a bit of a stretch for the given category. Bird anatomy, bird metaphors, bird-watching, and much more...

Perhaps my favorite quote is from Virginia Woolf:

"Second-hand are wild books, homeless books; they have come together in vast flocks of variegated feather, and have a charm which the domesticated volumes of the library lack."

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at DCU Credit Union and ATM, 378 Middlesex Rd in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, February 10, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (2/10/2018 UTC) at DCU Credit Union and ATM, 378 Middlesex Rd in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts USA

I plan to leave this book on a table in the waiting area of the credit union; hope the finder enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Great Backyard Bird Count release challenge. See this year's GBBC here. ***

*** Released for the 2018 Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes release challenge, for the embedded "ab" in the title. ***