Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet

by Jamie Ford | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingApoloniaXwing of Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin Germany on 1/2/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingApoloniaXwing from Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin Germany on Friday, January 02, 2015
Synopsis:
In the opening pages of Jamie Ford’s stunning debut novel, Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, Henry Lee comes upon a crowd gathered outside the Panama Hotel, once the gateway to Seattle’s Japantown. It has been boarded up for decades, but now the new owner has made an incredible discovery: the belongings of Japanese families, left when they were rounded up and sent to internment camps during World War II. As Henry looks on, the owner opens a Japanese parasol....

Journal Entry 2 by wingApoloniaXwing at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Friday, January 02, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (1/2/2015 UTC) at Bremen, Bremen Germany

Travelling to bookfrogster!

Journal Entry 3 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, January 09, 2015
Sent to me as part of the wishlist tag game. Thanks very much for this. Looks really good!

Journal Entry 4 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, January 18, 2015
This was such a good book. I really enjoyed reading about Henry and his relationships with his family and friends. Interesting to learn a little more about the USA during WWW2. Beautifully written and totally non-cheesy. Thanks so much for sending this to me ApoloniaX.

Journal Entry 5 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (1/21/2015 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

And off it goes to Anmiva to continue the rabck theme. Happy reading! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Journal Entry 6 by Anmavi at Hanko, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, January 31, 2015
Thank you so much bookfrogster! :) I'm looking forward to reading this.

Journal Entry 7 by Anmavi at Hanko, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, February 18, 2015
What a beautiful little book this was! This wasn't what I usually choose to read, but I'm really glad that I did. The story drew me in from the start, and what a beautiful story it was. So sweet and bitter. And like bookfrogster said: beautifully written. I wished for this book, hoping to read something different for a change and found a small treasure.

Journal Entry 8 by Anmavi at Hanko, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (2/19/2015 UTC) at Hanko, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

RABCK by mail. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Thank you so much for this wishlist-book!

Journal Entry 10 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Saturday, March 19, 2016
Beautiful story about love and duty and families, quite touching with happiness and sadness.

Journal Entry 11 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Friday, March 25, 2016
Sending this as a surprise to Soozreader :)

Journal Entry 12 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Thursday, March 31, 2016
Thank you very much for this wishlist surprise and for the funny card and beautiful bookmark!