The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring v.1: Fellowship of the Ring Vol 1

by J.R.R. Tolkien | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingokarihwing of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 3/6/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingokarihwing from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, March 06, 2009
Book Description from Amazon.co.uk
The first part of J R R Tolkien's epic adventure The Lord of the Rings. Sauron, the Dark Lord has gathered to him all the Rings of Power - the means by which he intends to rule Middle-earth. All he lacks in his plans for dominion is the One Ring - the ring that rules them all - which has fallen into the hands of the hobbit Bilbo Baggins. In a sleepy village in the shire young Frodo Baggins finds himself faced with an immense task, as his elderly cousin Bilbo entrusts the Ring to his care. Frodo must leave his home and make a perilous journey across Middle-earth to the Cracks of Doom, there to destroy the Ring and foil the Dark Lord in his evil purpose.

I loved the film but I just couldn't get into the book so I have given up! I plan to send this out as a bookray.

Journal Entry 2 by wingokarihwing from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, March 08, 2009
I’m sending this book out as a bookray.

The usual bookray rules will apply:
1. Please journal the book when you receive it
2. pm the next person on the list for their address
3. Journal the book again when you’re finished (please try to finish it within 4-5 weeks if possible. If not, please create another journal entry to give us an update)
4. Send the book to the next person
5. If you’re the last person on the list please feel free to wild release, RABCK, continue the ray as you wish!

Participants so far:
1. jellyfish67, UK (preferably EU, but can ship Internationally)
2. .....

Released 11 yrs ago (3/21/2009 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Sent to jellyfish67 today.

Journal Entry 4 by jellyfish67 from Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 08, 2009
Arrived safely yesterday.

This book is now going out as a bookray again.

1. Ythan

Journal Entry 5 by jellyfish67 at Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Released 8 yrs ago (1/5/2013 UTC) at Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom

Now on it's way to Ythan as a bookray.

Journal Entry 6 by wingYthanwing at Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, January 07, 2013
Arrived safe and sound.

Thanks very much. :)

Journal Entry 7 by wingYthanwing at Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, February 24, 2020
I prefer the book over the film, which doesn't happen often. It did become slower during the second half; too much description of the surroundings and not enough getting on with the journey.

I look forward to reading the next two books and will rewatch the films to remind me how close the films follow the books.

I aim to get this trilogy travelling by the time summer rolls around.

Journal Entry 8 by wingYthanwing at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (1/12/2021 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

This trilogy was on riffraff71's Wishlist, all 3 books are now on the way to her.

Journal Entry 9 by riffraff71 at Turriff , Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 19, 2021
Thank you so much for sending me this. I feel by my age I should really have read them or watched the films! Not sure how it passed me by!