White Nights

Registered by wingeponine38wing of Winchester, Massachusetts USA on 2/25/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingeponine38wing from Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, February 25, 2021
Absolutely loved this, even more than the previous (and first) installment, Raven Black. Maybe part of the reason is that in this book it's summer which in those far northern locations is much more pleasant to imagine and read about. Having experienced White Nights in Russia as a tourist, I was awed by the amount of daylight...but this book shows that for the residents, it can be distressing to have that much of it.

Interesting characters, and it's fun getting to know Inspector Perez a bit more. I look forward to reading the later installments. [Haven't seen any of the Shetland series on PBS, but I looked at the synopses of the episodes and it seems this book hasn't been covered yet. I could be wrong, of course!]

The ending was a surprise...a good thing in a thriller!

Amazon:
In this second thriller of the highly acclaimed Shetland Island series featuring Inspector Jimmy Perez, the launch of an exhibition at The Herring House art gallery is disturbed by a stranger who bursts into tears, then claims not to remember who he is or where he comes from. The next day he's found dead. Set in midsummer, the book captures the unsettling nature of a landscape where the sun never quite sets and where people are not as they first seem.

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Monday, March 01, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (3/1/2021 UTC) at Winchester, Massachusetts USA

On its way to Queen72 via wishlist-tag. Hope you like it!

Journal Entry 3 by Queen72 at Hobbs, New Mexico USA on Saturday, March 06, 2021
Thanks for sharing, eponine38!

Journal Entry 4 by Queen72 at Hobbs, New Mexico USA on Wednesday, April 07, 2021
This book had me guessing all the way to the end. I love the Shetland setting and feel like I could step off a ferry and find my way around. On this round, it's summer and everyone feels disoriented due to the almost constant daylight. A murder occurs and so many secrets are uncovered. I'm looking forward to the next book.

Journal Entry 5 by Queen72 at Hobbs Orthopaedic & Sports Therapy (HOST) in Hobbs, New Mexico USA on Saturday, April 17, 2021

Released 19 hrs ago (4/17/2021 2:00 AM UTC) at Hobbs Orthopaedic & Sports Therapy (HOST) in Hobbs, New Mexico USA

To the finder of this book:

BookCrossing is FREE to join and a great deal of fun, completely confidential, and you may remain anonymous. If you choose to join please consider using me QUEEN72 as your referring member.