Precious and Grace

by Alexander McCall Smith | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingyorkshire-lasswing of Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on 11/22/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Friday, November 22, 2019
Thank you for picking up this book and logging on to the website, I hope you enjoy reading it, when you have finished it please make a journal entry so that I know what you have decided to do with the book next. If you decide to join BookCrossing (it’s free and completely private your e-mail address is never given out) please say yorkshire-lass sent you. Happy BookCrossing!

Google Overview
ans around the world adore the bestselling No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency series and its proprietor, Precious Ramotswe, Botswana’s premier lady detective. In this charming series, Mma Ramotswe—with help from her loyal associate, Grace Makutsi—navigates her cases and her personal life with wisdom, good humor, and the occasional cup of tea.

Mma Makutsi, who has recently been promoted to co-director, has been encouraging Mma Ramotswe to update to more modern office practices. An unusual case, however, will require both of them to turn their attention firmly to the past. A young Canadian woman who spent her early childhood in Botswana requests the agency’s help in recalling her life there. Precious and Grace set out to locate the house that the woman lived in and the caretaker who looked after her many years ago. But when the journey takes an unexpected turn, they are forced to consider whether some things are better left in the past.

Mma Ramotswe dispenses help and sympathy with the graciousness and warmth for which she is so well known, and everyone involved is led to surprising insights into the healing power of compassion, forgiveness, and new beginnings.

Journal Entry 2 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, December 2, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (12/5/2019 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This is on its way to the winner of Abi-Gibby's Xmas Sweep, hope you enjoy this and all the other goodies heading your way :-)

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!

Journal Entry 3 by wingrahar109wing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Monday, December 9, 2019
Arrived safely today.
Thank you!

Journal Entry 4 by wingrahar109wing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Friday, March 5, 2021
A light, entertaining, feel-good read, where everything ends happily. Just what I needed to lift my mood during Lockdown No 3.

Journal Entry 5 by wingrahar109wing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Monday, March 8, 2021

Released 7 mos ago (3/7/2021 UTC) at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom

Posted back to yorkshire-lass as part of the UK Wishlist Tag game!
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Friday, March 12, 2021
Thank you for tagging me, this book is back with me and I'm looking forward to reading it. As my TBR pile is massive it may take me a while to get to this.

Journal Entry 7 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 31, 2021
Another entertaining read in this likeable series.

Journal Entry 8 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, September 20, 2021

Released 3 wks ago (9/24/2021 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This is now on its way to daffodil-2 as part of the UK Wishlist Tag Game, hope you enjoy it as much as I did :-)

Journal Entry 9 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, September 27, 2021
Received in the post this morning as part of the Wishlist Tag Game. Thanks very much. I shall look forward to reading it soon as I love this series of books.

Journal Entry 10 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, October 11, 2021
REVIEW:-"I love Mma Ramotswe's very philosophical yet simplistic way of looking at things, As usual the book made me laugh out loud once or twice as well as making me very emotional at times. A good combination I think. For example when spotting a stall selling t-shirts with Botswama printed on them Mma Ramotswe said to her companion "we don't need one of those-we know where we are". The end of the story was a little bit of a disappointment to me.
I find that this series of books sometimes takes a few chapters to get into its stride but once they do they're well worth the effort of reading them. I for one will be sad when the series ends".
Reserved for Snoopy56.