Joined Sunday, September 12, 2010
Home page ansichtssachenwilderwesten.blogspot.com/
1/2018: Keine Sorge, ich bin immer noch irgendwie dabei. Das letzte Jahr war ... nicht schön, und 2018 startete auch nicht so toll. Ich werde versuchen, dieses Jahr mal ein wenig am Mt TBR zu arbeiten...
I love to read (obviously) and although it's sometimes a bit difficult time-wise, because I have a job and other hobbies, I try to read as much as I can. I especially like period literature (Jane Austen, A. C. Doyle), also genres like fantasy (Scott Lynch, Tim Powers, J. R. R. Tolkien), humour, crime and romance (no harlequin romance, though. Perhaps one day for the LOLs.^^). I don't have much use for the so-called modern literature like "Feuchtgebiete" & Co., that's just not my cup of tea.
Other books I also enjoyed are the works of Bill Bryson, J. K. Rowling and Nick Hornby. Particular works also: "The Martian", "The Shadow of the Wind", "On Stranger Tides", "Good Omens". I also like travelling accounts.
I'll read in German or English, it doesn't matter. For my wishlist I add books only in one language. If it's on the list in German, but you have it in English (or vice versa) - that's perfectly fine. :)
Other hobbies include horseback riding (I used to have a horse) and going to the cinema. Favourite Movie Of All Time: "Pirates of the Caribbean". I also love Disney and Pixar movies, the Marvel Cinematic Universe ("Avengers" etc.), movies like "Shaun of the Dead", "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" and "The Lord of the Rings". Favourite movie of 2017: "Baby Driver".
If time permits, I like watching tv series, too. My absolute favourite used to be "Sherlock" (BBC), but I'm ignoring season 4. My profile pic reflects this and was made by fivealive (LJ).
I also like spending my time on the internet, meeting friends or taking photos.
Other things I love:
- Foxes (due to my childhood fascination with Dann's "The Animals of Farthing Wood")
- Chocolate (especially nougat, mint and marzipan)
- Musicals. Film soundtracks. Music in general (especially rock and pop, blues, swing, soul, classic...).
- Creative bookmarks (I'm not collecting, but sometimes I see one that I need to have.)
- Jewellery (no earrings, though^^)
- Knitted scarves, thick warm socks (Gr. 40 EU, 7 US)
- Creative writing paper (I have quite a few penpals)
- Great Britain
- Nature: forests, the sea, mountains
- Dancing - mostly watching it; I love dance movies like "Center Stage" and "Strictly Ballroom", and I never miss an episode of "Let's Dance!" (the German version of the tv show "Strictly Come Dancing" (UK) / "Dancing with the Stars" (US)).
Concerning gift exchanges (Christmas etc.):
I already mentioned what I like and I'm always happy about a (wishlist)book; you can't go wrong with that. Postcard sets are also always welcome since I'm a postcrosser, too. :)
What I don't like: Dark chocolate (except in combination with mint) or chocolate with alcohol, alcohol in general, liquorice, truffles, scented candles (because I don't use them anyway), kitsch-y figurines to put on the shelves (got enough of that^^).
Bookrings and -rays I'm participating in:
"Lieblingszitate, -weisheiten, -sprüche"
Bookrings and -rays I participated in: