Joined Sunday, September 12, 2010
Home page ansichtssachenwilderwesten.blogspot.com/
I read about this website in a newspaper and had to join because I think this idea is really fantastic.
I love to read (obviously) and although it's sometimes a bit difficult time-wise, because I have a job and also study, I try to read as much as I can. I especially like period literature (Jane Austen, A. C. Doyle), also genres like fantasy (Scott Lynch, Tim Powers, J. R. R. Tolkien), humour, crime and romance (no harlequin romance, though. Perhaps one day for the LOLs.^^). I don't have much use for the so-called modern literature like "Wetlands" & Co., that's just not my cup of tea.
Other books I also enjoyed are the works of Bill Bryson, J. K. Rowling and Nick Hornby. Particular works also: "The Martian", "The Shadow of the Wind", "On Stranger Tides", "Good Omens".
I'll read in German or English, it doesn't matter. For my wishlist I add books only in one language. If it's on the list in German, but you have it in English (or vice versa) - that's perfectly fine. :)
Other hobbies include horseback riding (got a horse of my own) and going to the cinema. I'm a big fan of Johnny Depp and Tim Burton, Robert Downey Jr., Martin Freeman, Benedict Cumberbatch and Ewan McGregor among others. Favourite Movie Of All Time: "Pirates of the Caribbean". I also love Disney and Pixar movies, the Marvel Cinematic Universe ("Avengers" etc.), movies like "Shaun of the Dead", "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" and "The Lord of the Rings". If time permits, I like watching tv series, too. My absolute favourite: "Sherlock" (BBC)! <3 My profile pic reflects this and was made by fivealive (LJ).
I also like spending my time on the internet, meeting friends or taking photos.
Other things I love:
- Foxes (due to my childhood fascination with Dann's "The Animals of Farthing Wood")
- Chocolate (especially nougat, mint and marzipan)
- Musicals. Film soundtracks. Music in general (especially rock and pop, blues, swing, soul, classic...).
- Creative bookmarks (I'm not collecting, but sometimes I see one that I need to have.)
- Jewellery (no earrings, though^^)
- Knitted scarves, thick warm socks (Gr. 40 EU, 7 US)
- Creative writing paper (I have quite a few penpals)
- Great Britain
- Nature: forests, the sea, mountains
- Dancing - mostly watching it; I love dance movies like "Center Stage" and "Strictly Ballroom", and I never miss an episode of "Let's Dance!" (the German version of the tv show "Strictly Come Dancing" (UK) / "Dancing with the Stars" (US)).
Concerning gift exchanges (Christmas etc.):
I already mentioned what I like and I'm always happy about a (wishlist)book; you can't go wrong with that. Postcard sets are also always welcome since I'm a postcrosser, too. :)
What I don't like: Dark chocolate (except in combination with mint) or chocolate with alcohol, alcohol in general, liquorice, truffles, scented candles (because I don't use them anyway), kitsch-y figurines to put on the shelves (got enough of that^^).
Bookrings and -rays I'm participating in:
"Lieblingszitate, -weisheiten, -sprüche"
Bookrings and -rays I participated in: