corner corner Past Perfect: A Novel

by Susan Isaacs | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by trekwoman on 9/27/2008

status (set by whiskeyjane): available

Journal Entry 1 by trekwoman on Saturday, September 27, 2008

Paperback. Purchased used from a local library.

Chick lit meets Mystery?

Journal Entry 2 by trekwoman on Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Katie has an excellent job, a wonderful husband and a cool job working for the CIA (though not in the Spy department). One day, she is fired for unknown reasons.

Flash forward ten years or so: Still wonderful husband, ten year old son about to be shuttled off to fat camp for summer (this was my first red flag) and a phone call from a former co-worker who claims she can now reveal why Katie was fired.. in exchange for her aid on a matter of national importance.

At first I thought this book would be a little whimsical mixed with a female version of the TV show Burn Notice. Not.even.close. From word one, Katie is overrationalizing every choice she makes, overmothering her fat son Nicky (red flag number two for me) and generally acting like a chick who needs a good slap from the Hand of Reality.

I could not bear to read past page twenty of this silly book. In fact, I don't know how I made it that far.

Journal Entry 3 by trekwoman at Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, March 05, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (3/5/2009 UTC) at Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

[R: Sweet-Pickle's First Bookiversary box]

Journal Entry 4 by whiskeyjane from Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Thursday, March 12, 2009

Rec'd this book today in Sweet-Pickle's 1st Bookiversary box. The box is jam-packed full of terrific books! Thanks Sweet-Pickle!

Journal Entry 5 by whiskeyjane at Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Sunday, June 04, 2017

WELCOME TO BOOKCROSSING Congratulations! You found a traveling book! This book has been set free. It is yours to keep or share. Please take a moment to make a journal entry to let me know the book has found a new home

Journal Entry 6 by whiskeyjane at Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Sunday, June 04, 2017

box - closet 06/04/2017

Journal Entry 7 by whiskeyjane at Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Friday, August 18, 2017

I finished reading this book and it's available. I liked it