corner corner Tigana

Tigana
by Guy Gavriel Kay | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by somanybookso of Hazelwood, Missouri USA on 11/20/2002

status (set by Channosaurus): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by somanybookso from Hazelwood, Missouri USA on Wednesday, November 20, 2002

Winner of the Aurora Prize.
From the back cover: This is that rare, spellbinding novel in which myth comes alive and magic reaches out to touch us.
Tigana is the magical story of a beleaguered country struggling to be free. It is the tale of a people so cursed by the dark sorceries of the tyrant King Brandin that even the very name of their once beautiful home cannot be spoken or remembered.
But years after their homeland's devastation, a handful of men and women set in motion a dangerous crusade--to overthrow their conquerors and bring back to the world the lost brightness of an obliterated name: Tigana.
Against the magnificently realized back-ground of a world both sensuous and brutal, this masterful epic of a passionate people pursuing their dream is breathtaking in its vision, and changes forever the boundaries of fantasy fiction.

Journal Entry 2 by somanybookso at -- Wild released in St Louis, see notes in St. Louis, Missouri USA on Sunday, November 24, 2002

Release planned for Wednesday, November 27, 2002 at Controlled Release in St. Louis County, Missouri USA.

Giving to my sister.

Journal Entry 3 by somanybookso from Hazelwood, Missouri USA on Friday, November 29, 2002

This one is so good that its hard to let go of, but I happened upon another copy in a UBS recently, and now this well read copy can go out into the world. Happy Trails Tigana!
Update: Dec 31, 2003
This book will be going to Brewski thru CasualReader's Book Relays.

Journal Entry 4 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, February 03, 2004

The book arrived today, thanks so much. I'm really looking forward to reading this book after reading your glowing review.

Journal Entry 5 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Saturday, September 10, 2005

Thanks to somanybookso for introducing me to the writing of Guy Gavriel Kay. I was truly engrossed in the rich and descriptive storytelling. Now I will need to track down more books by this author :)

I will probably either pass this on to my brother to read or wild release it now.

Journal Entry 6 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Friday, October 07, 2005

Mailing this off to my brother over the weekend.

Journal Entry 7 by Channosaurus from Los Angeles, California USA on Friday, January 26, 2007

To be read...