Joined Thursday, May 28, 2009
Home page not provided
Umm reader, sailor, walker, gardn, read read read. ummm
1. Benjamin Black - "Christine Falls" - about the secret export of babies from Ireland to US in order to train them for priests. ***
2. Diane - "A Catch of Consequence" - Set in Boston and England in the late 18th century when enclosure laws brought in. ******
3. The Ampol Book of Australiana - Everything you would want to know about australia before there was television.
4. Ernest Hemingway "The OLd man and the Sea". - Nothing doing just beautiful language, what can i say.
5. "Gentleman sailor lady spy" - fabulous fabulous book about a guy i'd love to be like. navigating in the time of sail boats, what icebergs can tell you. ***********
6. Jonathan Franzen - 27th city ******** yuck yuck yuck, horrible horrible beautiful
7.Eric Schlosser "Fast Food Nation" - you will be come a 'slow convert. *******
8. AAChandler Burr "A separate Creation aobut the gay gene - *******
9. Sharon Fekrat "All about your Eyes". American but ok apart from that strangeness. **************
10. Anna ? "THe WInter Vault" what a beatuiful book, about the aswan dam and . . . .
11. Roger Averill "Boy HE Cry"
12. Robert Dessaix "Corfu"
13. Les Terry The remarkable resurretion of Lazaros X
14.michel Houellebecq Lanzarote
15. Neil White "The Sanctuary of Outcasts"
16. Marianne Robinson "Gilead"
17. Gail ? "Black Mirror"
18. Helene Hanff "Apple of my Eye"
19. John Buchan "The 39 Steps"
20. Agatha Christie "Poirot Investigates"
21. ?Kapek - around England 1925 essays about England. Hilarious. Monte python/goons
22. Rumer Godden "Cromartie v. The God Shiva Acting Tthourgh The Government of India"
23. Keri hulme "Te Kaihau/The Windeater".