Joined Tuesday, September 09, 2003
Home page melydia.zoiks.org/
Are you in the Washington, DC, metro area? Please join BC in DC, the Yahoo group for BookCrossers in DC, Northern Virginia, and Maryland. We meet monthly(ish) at various locations around the area.
My username is the name of the villain in Castle Perilous by John DeChancie. The book itself is pretty mediocre, but I got an online handle out of it which I've been using since around 1993. It's all one word: muh-LID-ee-uh. My name is not Lydia. :)
As of 21 April 2018...
My wishlist is up to date.
Longest time between release and catch: 9 years, 3 months
Check out my wild catches.
I'm hosting a BookCrossing Meetup Bookbox. It's like a normal bookbox, except instead of being passed between individuals, it's being passed between local BookCrossing groups.
* 17 Nov 2008: Feeling Cold and Sassy
* 18 June 2009: BookCrossing Birthday Bash
* 14 October 2010: Silver Spring Snafu
* Going Postal by Terry Pratchett (unabridged audiobook)
* Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
The ever-growing TBR pile.
Books Read in 2018:
1. The Wicked Boy by Kate Summerscale
2. The Magic of Christmas by various
3. The Girl with the Sturgeon Tattoo by Lars Arffssen
4. Fum by Adam Rapp
5. Star Wars Super Graphic by Tim Leong
6. The Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson
7. As You Wish by Cary Elwes
8. Innovation Nation by David Johnston and Tom Jenkins
Audiobooks Listened to in 2018:
1. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
2. Marina by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
3. Road Rage by Richard Matheson, Joe Hill, and Stephen King
4. Salt by Mark Kulansky
5. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
6. The Slither Sisters by Charles Gilman
7. Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman
8. Unstoppable by Bill Nye
9. Vampires in the Lemon Grove by Karen Russell
10. Bellevue by Eric Oshinsky
11. Giant Treasury of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter
12. Dodge City by Tom Clavin
13. The Fireman by Joe Hill
Previous years: 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | Review Archive