Joined Tuesday, March 01, 2005
Home page not provided
The 2017 Canada Days release challenge is over and a new record has been set. Here's the link to the chart.
The 2016 Canada Days release challenge started on June 24 and finished on July 4. A total of 617 books were released.
The 2015 Canada Days release challenge started on June 24 and finished on July 5. A total of 582 books were released.
The 2014 Canada Days release challenge started on June 21 and finished on July 1. A total of 572 books were released.
The 2013 Canada Days release challenge is over with 568 books released.
The 2012 Canada Days release challenge is over and we had a great year with 911 books released.
The 2011 Canada Day release challenge is over and 840 books were released.
The 2010 Canada Day release challenge is now over. Over 400 books have been released which is much less than previous years. But we all had fun which is the important thing.
The 2009 Canada Day release challenge was wonderful and 796 books were released.
The 2008 Canada Day release resulted in 687 books by Canadians or about Canada wild released in Canada and around the world.
The 2007 Canada Day release challenge was a huge success with 773 books wild released.
My 2006 Canada Day release challenge was a great success with 648 books wild released in Canada and around the world.
If you would like to suggest a trade I will gladly consider it but I may not agree especially if the book is hardcover.
I stumbled across this concept when I was searching for information on a book my book club read in April 2005 (The Secret Life of Bees). I read a lot and since joining BookCrossing I believe I am reading more. I had a lot of books in my personal library when I started but I have released most of them and have acquired more from library book sales, Goodwill, gifts and so on.
The picture is of my dog, Gypsy, who was put to sleep on June 28 2014. A Border Collie whom we adopted from the Humane Society in the spring of 1997, she was a sweet and loyal dog. We have another dog, Davis, who is a lab cross (with what we don't know) and who is also a Humane Society adoptee. Davis is about 15 years old and just slowed down this past year.
April 10, 2018
Because I'm a bit of a stats freak I'm keeping track of my "wild" catches as opposed to the total catches which result from controlled releases as well as wild releases. I have now released 1602 books into the wild and 299 have been caught (a 18.7% catch rate). Of those 299 15 were caught by BXers who went looking for them, 4 were caught by a BXer who just stumbled on it, 19 were caught by a BXer from the OBCZ shelf, 109 were caught by new members, 3 were caught by old members who had been inactive and the rest were caught anonymously. Thirty-five wild releases that were re-released have been caught and journalled again and this one, this one, this one and this one have been caught three times.
1. To read all the books other BookCrossers have given me to the of 2017, a total of 8 books. As of March 18 I have read 1 book.
1. Miles, Mayhem and Mystery by Lois McMaster Bujold, passed on by JudySlump612.
2. To read or listen to 12 books from the 1001 Books to Read before you Die list. As of March 17 I have listened to one book and read 1 book.
1. Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
2. Oroonoko by Aphra Benn.
3. To read all the books by Ian Rankin that I have on my TBR pile, a total of 8 books. As of April 4 I have read two books.
1. Hide & Seek (Rebus #2)
2. Bleeding Hearts
4. To read all the books by Giles Blunt that I have on my TBR pile, a total of 4 books. As of Feb. 9 I have read 1 book.
1. Blackfly Season
5. To read all the Arnaldur Indridason books that I have on my TBR pile, a total of 4 books.
6. To read all the books of which Anne McCaffrey is an author that are in my TBR pile, a total of 5 books. As of March 27 I have read 1 book.
1. To Ride Pegasus
7.To read all the Robertson Davies books that I have on my TBR pile, a total of 4 books.