Recent Book Activity
Go Tell the Bees That I Am Gone
Bone and Bread
The Last Kind Words Saloon: A Novel
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian
Scribbles, Sorrows, and Russet Leather Boots: The Life of Louisa May Alcott
The Beggar's Opera
Blood on the Dining Room Floor
Cure for a Charlatan
Playing with Fire
The Furthest Station
Down Came the Rain
The Finkler Question (Man Booker Prize)
A Criminal to Remember
A Beautiful Spy
Notes on an Execution
Five Little Indians
A Passage to India
Wonder Women of Science: How 12 Geniuses Are Rocking Science, Technology, and the World
The Master of Ballantrae
|4 weeks||all time|
|released in the wild||1||1,982|
|controlled releases caught||0||98|
|new member referrals||0||22|
If you would like to suggest a trade I will gladly consider it but I may not agree especially if the book is hardcover.
I stumbled across this concept when I was searching for information on a book my book club read in April 2005 (The Secret Life of Bees). I read a lot and since joining BookCrossing I believe I am reading more. I had a lot of books in my personal library when I started but I have released most of them and have acquired more from library book sales, Goodwill, gifts and so on.
The picture is of my dog, Gypsy, who was put to sleep on June 28 2014. A Border Collie whom we adopted from the Humane Society in the spring of 1997, she was a sweet and loyal dog. After living without a pet in the house since the summer of 2018 we adopted an 8 week old Border Collie pup at the end of June 2019. Kootenay is now keeping us busy but giving us lots of licks and love.
July 29, 2022
Because I'm a bit of a stats freak I'm keeping track of my "wild" catches as opposed to the total catches which result from controlled releases as well as wild releases. I have now released 1825 books into the wild and 314 have been caught (a 17.2% catch rate). Of those 314 18 were caught by BXers who went looking for them, 4 were caught by a BXer who just stumbled on it, 19 were caught by a BXer from the OBCZ shelf, 114 were caught by new members, 3 were caught by old members who had been inactive and the rest were caught anonymously. Thirty-six wild releases that were re-released have been caught and journalled again and this one, this one, this one and this one have been caught three times.
1. To read all the books other BookCrossers have given me to the end of 2021, a total of 2 books. As of June 28 I have read one book:
1. The Last Kind Words Saloon by Larry McMurtry, a RABCK from merrymari
2. To read or listen to 12 books from the 1001 Books to Read before you Die list. As of February 20 I have read 3 books.
1. The Master of Ballantrae by Robert Louis Stevenson
2. A Passage to India by E. M. Forster
3. The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
3. To read 11 books loaned to me. As of May 8 I have read 4 books.
1. Erasing Memory by Scott Thornley, lent to me by my sister
2. Cooked by Michael Pollan, lent to me by a friend who was also a food chemist
3. Circe by Madeline Miller, which was lent to me by my sister
4. The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules by Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg, lent to me by the same person who lent me #2.
4. To read the 10 oldest books on my TBR list. As of June 6 I have read 3 books.
1. Pyramid by Tom Martin.
2. The Finkler Question by Howard Jacobson
3. A Criminal to Remember by Michael Van Rooy
5. To read the 16 books I received as gifts before December 31 2021. As of July31 I have read 5 books.
1. The Nature of Small Birds by Susie Finkbeiner, a gift from the publisher through the LibraryThing Early Reviewer program
2. A Passage to India by E. M. Forster, a gift from my Secret Santa on LT
3. A Beautiful Spy by Rachel Hore, given to me by my wonderful husband
4. Scribbles, Sorrows and Russet Leather Boots: The Life of Louisa May Alcott by Liz Rosenberg, an ARC from the publisher through LibraryThing
5. Go Tell the Bees that I am Gone by Diana Gabaldon, given to me by my awesome husband
6. To read the 1 book on Mount TBR that appears on the CBC list of 100 Novels to make us Proud to be Canadian plus 2 more. As of July 3 I have read the Mount TBR book, Bone and Bread by Saleema Nawaz.