Recent Book Activity
Under The Skin
Force of Nature
Lincoln in the Bardo
Trick Or Treat
Johnny and the Bomb
The Facts of Life
The Mysterious Affair at Styles
The End of the Affair
Dorchester Terrace (Thomas Pitt Mystery)
Oscar and Lucinda
|4 weeks||all time|
|released in the wild||0||1,928|
|controlled releases caught||1||734|
|new member referrals||0||71|
“The truly cultured are capable of owning thousands of unread books
without losing their composure or their desire for more.”
~ ~ Gabriel Zaid
I read a wide variety of books; even so, not all the books here on my shelf reflect my taste in reading. I often buy cheap books at garage sales etc with the specific aim of releasing them into the wild, and I'm also often given books by others to register for release.
For other books in my personal collection that are not yet registered on BookCrossing see my library catalogue on LibraryThing
~ ~ Carlos Ruiz Zafon
This is not meant to be a 'gimme' list, but a collection of books I think look
Accurate Release Statistics : as at 18th May 2020.
1947 wild releases - all wild releases are true wild releases.
1126 early controlled releases made by journal entry only (when that was the only option).
925 later controlled releases through the system.
So my total release number is now 3998.
NB . . . sometimes my wild releases have been caught before I can do an 'official' release note - that's why 'my' wild release number is higher than the BC one on my profile.
Catch Rate: 331 catches from 1947 wild releases -------> 17.0%
Countries my books have travelled to after leaving me:
LIBRARYTHING BINGO DOG FOR 2020
1. The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde
2. The Swimming-Pool Library by Alan Hollinghurst
3. Silas Marner by George Eliot
4. The Bookman's Wake by John Dunning
5. The Harp in the South by Ruth Park (Australia)
8. The End of the Affair by Graham Greene
9. Raven Black by Ann Cleeves
12. An Artist of the Floating World by Kazuo Ishiguro
13. The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet by David Mitchell
16. The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie (1920)
19. Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders
20. Mara and Dann by Doris Lessing
22. A Small Sacrifice by Ellen Hart
23. Wild Swans by Jung Chang
24. Night Work by Laurie R. King
25. On Doubt by Leigh Sales
I'm a member of the Kiva BookCrossing Team