Recent Book Activity
In Dublin's Fair City (Molly Murphy Mysteries)
The Learners: A Novel
Death of the Party (Death on Demand Mysteries, No. 16)
Jar City: A Reykjavik Thriller
The Shadow of the Wind
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle: A Novel (Oprah Book Club #62)
Starting Out in the Evening
The Obituary Writer
Salvage the Bones: A Novel
Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap... and Others Don't
Too Close to the Falls
SLEEPING AT THE STARLITE MOTEL AND OTHER ADVENTURES ON THE WAY BACK HOME
The Evolution of Bruno Littlemore
|4 weeks||all time|
|released in the wild||33||15,332|
|controlled releases caught||0||561|
|new member referrals||0||56|
My husband and I are stewards of the Little Free Library of Twinbrook (#7720) in Rockville, Maryland, USA.
Like us on Facebook!
Hunt for books here!
Want to know what I'm doing? You can usually find me attending BookCrossing Meet-Ups, drinking coffee, eating chocolate, filling up my Little Free Library, playing the ukulele, reading, posting on Litsy, thinking up new TIOLI challenges for LibraryThing, or trying out new recipes.
My Reading Preferences:
I like both fiction and non-fiction. I prefer English translations of foreign novels, especially contemporary Japanese novels, and well-written books by lesser known authors. I am also a fan of graphic novels and some manga.
My Wish List on BookMooch.
My Most Interesting Wild Catches:
1. Falling Leaves - Ex-girlfriend stimulates this guy's interest in the Asian experience.
2. Beloved - This book cruised the Amazon.
3. Mrs. Pollifax Pursued - Books suddenly appear out of nowhere.
4. The Wonders of the Invisible World - A short story writer finds...a book of short stories.
5. Airy Fairy - Young journaler returns to book festival to release a book found three years earlier.
6. Trinity - Finder inserts a rather humorous editorial comment into this journal entry.
My Most Traveled Bookray:
1. The Wooden Sea - a BC 100 Most Traveled Book (...and my most travelled active bookray!)
My Most Travelled (but no longer active) Bookrays on BC's list of 100 Most Traveled Books:
1. Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress - Dai Sijie - #22 with 47 stops
2. Embroideries - Marjane Satrapi - #28 with 44 stops
3. Asleep - Banana Yoshimoto - #35 with 37 stops
4. Interpreter of Maladies - Jhumpa Lahiri - #56 and continuing its journey by TimCorke's bookray (Thanks!)
5. The Book of Proper Names - Amelie Nothomb - #27 with 51 stops
“Such things he saw could not happen today. Today there were fear, hatred, and pain, but no dignity of emotion or deep and complex sorrows.” (1984, George Orwell)
Visitors to My Profile:
Thanks for stopping by!
Last Update: 071419