Joined Sunday, April 11, 2004
Home page joyfulsong.blogspot.com
I love to read. Especially books that are based on a true story or non-fiction books. I read and write English and German fluently. I'd also like very, very simple things in Spanish to help me learn (for example, children's books or those small gift books
with just a little bit of text and beautiful pictures).
Since November 2005, I've been on Postcrossing, sending and receiving postcards from all over the world.
I like singing in the choir and in the shower; listening to good music; stickers; bright colors like red, yellow, and purple; the fall season with its colorful leaves; wildflowers, poppies, sunflowers, dandelions; the smell of the air after rain; salamanders, butterflies, ladybugs, snails, squirrels; traveling notebooks, handmade postcards; sitting under a tree and enjoying the nice weather and the things around me; berries and bananas, good food; sunsets; taking photographs with my digital camera; close-up pictures; my hometown Luebeck where I grew up; watching a landscape from a plane; going to church on Sunday morning; cute socks; chocolate, filled gingerbread hearts; true stories...
Some of my favorite books are Fahrenheit 451 (Ray Bradbury), The Screwtape Letters (C.S. Lewis), Safely Home (Randy Alcorn), the Bible (I'm currently reading The Message translation), Schindler's List (Thomas Keneally)and the Moomin books. In general, I like non-fiction and fiction based on a true story. I like it if I can learn something interesting in an enjoyable way. I can read English and German fluently.
2015 Birthday Group and 2016 Birthday Group and 2017 Birthday Group
- I'm always happy about a wishlist book or Bookcrossing supplies (including wings) or a written and stamped postcard with a bookish theme (maybe with a book recommendation or a quote?).
- A postcard book.
- A small giftbook with beautiful pictures to look at and not much text to read, such like this little book that I got for my birthday in the past: Furry Logic).
- Other books that I may find interesting: one of your favorite books (write me a note - with the book or as a journal entry - why it's your favorite); a children's book in German for my nephew; a book in very easy Spanish for myself. I would enjoy most books not only in print, but also as audiobooks on cassettes or CD, or even electronic versions (iBooks, Kindle books, or Nook books).
- I have a friend in a convalescent home who likes to read a lot, our reading tastes overlap, so I lend her a lot of my books, but I would really like to get her more books from her specific wishlist. She would like any books from that list or any similar books. Getting books for her would make me even happier than getting more books for myself (yes, even for my birthday). Having a steady supply of good books helps her a lot in staying positive and content. She also likes word search puzzles a lot.
- We both recently discovered adult coloring books, I also enjoy adult coloring postcards (blank or colored by you).
For more ideas check out my profile on Swap-Bot.
Bookrings and bookrays
Second-Grade Ape sent around by MrsBurgess for her classroom (This once seems to be stranded somewhere)
CD Audiobook box by BigJohnLefty
US Only Audiobook Ray: CASSETTES Are Still Alive Bookbox hosted by imawinn2
Other fun stuff
✿ Postcard~Notecard Ring ✿ by MyssCyn
2014 Oppem's Birthday Group
2014 Holiday Gift Giving
Audiobook VBB by iwillrejoice - my first participation in a VBB! (I was participating in many rounds of it until it ended)
My Christian mostly Non-Fiction bookbox. The first one got lost in the mail, they never recovered any of the books. I might a new, smaller version at some point. Let me know if you'd like to participate, I'm still taking participants.
My Shrinking Audio Bookbox - returned to me
German language bookbox by Weiterferne - done!
I started my first bookbox: LittleWhiteBird's German language bookbox within USA, unfortunately, it got lost with the last participant and never returned
Cassette Audiobook Bookbox (Continuation of KateKintail's Earreading Audobooks on Cassette Bookbox #2) (Journal for the box)
@Earreading Audiobooks on Cassette Bookbox by imawinn2 - done!
Mostly Cassette Audio Bookbox II by hyphen8 - done!
Cyn's US Audio 27 Tapes Bookbox - arrived with the next person (I got a message at some point)
Javatrekker: Dispatches From The World Of Fair Trade Coffee bookray started by Sfogs
Wreck this Journal (forum thread) bookring started by minesayn arrived back at its home
Dreams from my Father started by glade1 (Done!)
Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain by Oliver Sacks (forum thread) (Done!)
Banker to the Poor: Micro-Lending and the Battle Against World Poverty by Muhammad Yunus (forum thread) Done!
It's All Too Much by Peter Walsh bookray started by nmreader (forum thread) Done!
The Unexpected Guest [Audiobook] by Agatha Christie bookray started by chich (arrived here - don't know where to send it next)