Clockwork

by Philip Pullman | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by J-sama of Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on 7/12/2011
Journal Entry 1 by J-sama from Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Gelesen für die BergABbauchallenge im Monat September mit dem Thema:
BLAU, BLAU, BLAU
Coburg macht blau und wir diesen Monat auch. Vorrangig sollen natürlich BLAUE Bücher gelesen werden, dazu dann Bücher, die das Wort BLAU im Titel tragen, deren Beschriftung BLAU ist etc.

About the book:
Tick, tock, tick, tock!
Some stories are like that. Once you've wound them up, nothing will stop them...

A tormented apprentice clock-maker - and a deadly knight in armour. A mechanical prince - and the sinister Dr Kalmenius, who some say is the devil... Wind up these characters, fit them into a story on a cold winter's evening, with the snow swirling down, and suddenly life and the story begin to merge in a peculiatly macabre - and unstoppable - way.
Almost like clockwork...

My Opinion:
It's a nice little scary story for children with some strange characters and some stange ideas. But do not read aloud as a bedtime story! ;)

Released 6 yrs ago (5/27/2013 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Sachsen Germany

Startbefüllung in meiner English-BookBox

Journal Entry 3 by soleille at Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Friday, January 17, 2014
hopping out of the box and onto my shelf
I've been wanting to read this book from before I even joined Bookcrossing :o)

Journal Entry 4 by soleille at Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Saturday, March 07, 2015
This was a really nice read, dark creepy fairytale and lovely illustrations :O)

I am fairl sure the book found another owner from my shelf, but cannot remember who it was :o) - let's see where it reappears :O)