I Still Dream about You

by fannie flagg | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by over-the-moon of Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland on 7/12/2011
Journal Entry 1 by over-the-moon from Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland on Tuesday, July 12, 2011
bought new (Book Depository)
FF's quirky books suit me right down to the ground when I feel like a good laugh or cry. I hope this is good.

Journal Entry 2 by over-the-moon at Saint-Légier-La Chiésaz, Vaud Switzerland on Saturday, July 23, 2011
yes, it is good, a page-turner set in Birmingham, Alabama and the world of real estate. Heartwarming characters, funny, history and a mystery. Fannie Flagg has never let me down.

Released 1 yr ago (4/21/2018 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention Bordeaux 2018 in Bordeaux, Aquitaine France

This for the NSS gift, one of three FF books.

Journal Entry 4 by Florence71 at Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on Monday, April 23, 2018
Taken to the Bordeaux Convention from my NSS-Partner : but now reading start of the novel I see that I have already read this one in french. Never mind, find it a new home very soon.

Journal Entry 5 by Florence71 at any city, a surprise RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, May 27, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (5/28/2018 UTC) at any city, a surprise RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Happy reading Shahrun !

Journal Entry 6 by wingShahrunwing at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, May 31, 2018
This has arrived safely in London, with a fabulous postcard and a cool bookmark! Thank you so much. I shall do my best to get it read and released as soon as I can.

Journal Entry 7 by wingShahrunwing at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, May 02, 2019
This is one of those rare books that captured me right from the beginning, all the way to the end. The story has quite a gentle, almost fairy tale like quality, even though it was following Maggie who was determinedly and methodically planning her own suicide! There is the interesting sub plot of the Edward/Edwina Mystery which added another dimension to the story (I guessed it correctly). I was a bit disappointed not to get the dirt on Babs activities in NYC - she could have had a whole book to herself. There were so many characters I absolutely loved, especially Maggie herself but Hazel has got to be the best! I’d love a best friend like her. I love the ending, giving everyone just what they deserve (I had guessed correctly that too, but it didn’t spoil it for me to be proven right). This book had a lot of warmth, heart and charm. I love the sensitive handling of the subject matter and the fact it didn’t lower itself to some dark nasty places.

Journal Entry 8 by wingShahrunwing at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, May 02, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (5/2/2019 UTC) at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom

Packing this book up along with a little sweetener (due to my delay reading it). It is going back to France to entertain a new reader. After that who knows! Maybe in the next life I too can be a well travelled BookCrossing book.

Journal Entry 9 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Thank you Shahrun for the book and the chocolate. I wasn't in a hurry, as you know when entering Bookcrossing you have plenty , although I'm looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 10 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Tuesday, May 21, 2019
I'm never disappointed with Fannie Flagg. Witty, funny, and full of wisdom.