Bleak House

by Charles Dickens | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by anathema-device of Graz, Steiermark Austria on 7/12/2011
Journal Entry 1 by anathema-device from Graz, Steiermark Austria on Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Finally reading this (with other books in-between chapters) and really enjoying it. More soon...

Journal Entry 2 by anathema-device at Graz, Steiermark Austria on Thursday, February 9, 2012
Finally, finally finished, after all this time.
The best thing was reading all my favourite similes and metaphors as if they were real descriptions - which made Inspector Bucket a rather Weird character indeed. ;)

Journal Entry 3 by anathema-device at Graz, Steiermark Austria on Thursday, May 8, 2014

Released 7 yrs ago (5/8/2014 UTC) at Graz, Steiermark Austria

Wishlist tag for Tizzalicious. Sorry about the delay!

Journal Entry 4 by MMMaartje at Nieuwegein, Utrecht Netherlands on Sunday, June 15, 2014
No problem about the delay, anathema-device! Thanks for tagging me :) I am looking forward to reading this!

Journal Entry 5 by MMMaartje at BC Meeting 2019 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, July 4, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (7/7/2019 UTC) at BC Meeting 2019 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Taking this with me to the annual BC meeting in Castricum!

Journal Entry 6 by bookguide at Wijchen, Gelderland Netherlands on Monday, July 8, 2019
This is one of Dickens' novels that I have been longing to read because he wrote some of it in Broadstairs, close to where I grew up. Broadstairs has a minor Dickens tourist industry based on the fact, including a large house called Bleak House (though not the one Dickens was writing about) and a popular local pub called the Charles Dickens, or more commonly, Charley Dicks. I don't like everything he wrote (neither The Pickwick Papers nor A Tale of Two Cities were much fun), but I usually enjoy Dickens, so I'm looking forward to reading this.