The Other Boleyn Girl

by Philippa Gregory | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingyorkshire-lasswing of Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on 7/7/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, July 07, 2011
Thank you for picking up this book and logging on to the website, I hope you enjoy reading it, when you have finished it please make a journal entry so that I know what you have decided to do with the book next. If you decide to join BookCrossing (it’s free and completely private your e-mail address is never given out) please say yorkshire-lass sent you. Happy BookCrossing!

Amazon Editorial Review

Fabulous historical novel set in the court of King Henry VIII. Mary Boleyn attracts the attention of the young king and becomes his mistress; when he tires of her, she sets out to school her sister, Anne, as a replacement. Politics and passion are inextricably bound together in this compelling drama. The Boleyn family is keen to rise through the ranks of society, and what better way to attract the attention of the most powerful in the land than to place their most beautiful young woman at court? But Mary becomes the king's mistress at a time of change. He needs his personal pleasures, but he also needs an heir. The unthinkable happens and the course of English history is irrevocably changed. For the women at the heart of the storm, they have only one weapon; and when it's no longer enough to be the mistress, Mary must groom her younger sister in the ways of the king. What happens next is common knowledge -- but here it is told in a way we've never heard it before, with all of Philippa Gregory's characteristic perceptiveness, backed by meticulous research and superb storytelling skills.

Journal Entry 2 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, July 07, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (7/7/2011 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This is on its way to dutch-book as part of schwester's Wishlist Tag Game.
Hope you enjoy it dutch-book!

Journal Entry 3 by wingdutch-bookwing at Weesp, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, July 12, 2011
There it is! Thank you yorkshire-lass, now I'm able to read on with the Philippa Gregory series, of which I've become fond after participating in a bookring. I very much look forward to it and I will probably read it after I've been on vacation in August. Thank you!

Journal Entry 4 by wingdutch-bookwing at Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, December 09, 2020
Many vacations later I've now finished this book. It was a nice interesting story. They did unbelievable things back then. Hard to wrap your mind around. But such a fascinating history. Glad to have read it!