Beautiful Lies: A Novel

by Lisa Unger | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 7/5/2011
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, July 05, 2011
Book #1 in the Ridley Jones series:

If Ridley Jones had slept ten minutes later or had taken the subway instead of waiting for a cab, she would still be living the beautiful lie she used to call her life. She would still be the privileged daughter of a doting father and a loving mother. Her life would still be perfect—with only the tiny cracks of an angry junkie for a brother and a charming drunk with shady underworld connections for an uncle to mar the otherwise flawless whole.

But that's not what happened. Instead, those inconsequential decisions lead her to perform a good deed that puts her in the right place at the right time to unleash a chain of events that brings a mysterious package to her door—a package which informs her that her entire world is a lie.

Suddenly forced to question everything she knows about herself and her family, Ridley wanders into dark territory she never knew existed, where everyone in her life seems like a stranger. She has no idea who's on her side and who has something to hide—even, and maybe especially, her new lover, Jake, who appears to have secrets of his own.

Sexy and fast-paced, Beautiful Lies is a true literary thriller with one of the freshest voices and heroines to arrive in years. Lisa Unger takes us on a breathtaking ride in which every choice Ridley makes creates a whirlwind of consequences that are impossible to imagine . . . .

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, May 30, 2016
My Review: Really good suspense story. I was hooked from page one. I haven't read anything by this author, but I will be looking for more books from Lisa Unger.

I liked this quote from the book: "It's sad when your parents give you orders that you are too old to obey. it represents a disconnect between who they think you are and who you actually are."

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, July 01, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (7/1/2016 UTC) at Woodstock, Georgia USA

Giving to Lumbermoose, because I think he might like to read it.

Journal Entry 4 by Lumbermoose at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, July 30, 2018
Agree with JennyC on this one. Great read from the beginning. I'll probably have to check out more by this author.

Journal Entry 5 by Lumbermoose at SoHo Bagel OBCZ - Towne Lake Parkway in Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, August 25, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (8/25/2018 UTC) at SoHo Bagel OBCZ - Towne Lake Parkway in Woodstock, Georgia USA

Left in the bookcase.