Having it and Eating it

by Sabine Durrant | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by dvg of Toms River, New Jersey USA on 7/2/2011
Journal Entry 1 by dvg from Toms River, New Jersey USA on Saturday, July 02, 2011
Registering today as I started to read this one yesterday. So far, an enjoyable story with the main character, Maggie Owen, extremely likeable.

Finished reading this 5Jul11! I enjoyed the way the author portrayed Maggie and the other characters in the book. Durrant [author] writes really well and even though we are across ponds from one another there was no translation needed. (Sometimes, I feel that way when reading a book by a UK author.)

Maggie could have been any young mother, in any country. Sometimes the self-doubt, the decisions made in this story are not ones I would have made but I still could understand Maggie. That is all I'm saying on that. I would absolutely pick up another book by this author.

Journal Entry 2 by dvg at Another BookCrosser, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Monday, December 05, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (12/5/2011 UTC) at Another BookCrosser, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

After taking a peek at your bookshelf, I thought I'd sneak this surprise in the box I'm already sending you. I thought it a fun read and thought you might as well. Even though it is by a UK author, there are no slang words that need translating.
|Sent as part of the 2011 RABCK Release Challenge!|
Happy Reading and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, January 04, 2012
This looks like a fun read! Thanks for thinking of me!

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, July 22, 2015
I've decided not to read this one, I have so many books on Mt. TBR. I'm saving this for a bookbox.

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, August 10, 2015
Reserved for my International VBB.

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, January 08, 2017
This book was not chosen from the International VBB, so I'm making this book available.

Journal Entry 7 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, January 11, 2017
Putting into the 18th round of Bookstogive's General Literature VBB.