The Girl Who Proposed

by Elizabeth Smither | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by futurecat of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 6/29/2011
Journal Entry 1 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Borders had a "fill a bag for $10" sale today :-)

v

Journal Entry 2 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, July 24, 2011
As with most short story collections, there were some I loved, and some that did nothing for me, but the balance was mostly towards the good. Most of the stories were of that slice of life variety that leaves you hanging at the end with no real climax or conclusion - the sort of thing that can be fabulous when done well, or irritating if not. That I wasn't irritated very often is probably a good measure of the overall quality :-)

v

Journal Entry 3 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (8/2/2011 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Met Alkaline-Kiwi for lunch today, and passed on a few books.

v

Journal Entry 4 by alkaline-kiwi at Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Thursday, August 04, 2011
This was passed on to me when I met up with futurecat for lunch on Tuesday.

Like futurecat I find short story collections to be a mixed bag for me. I do enjoy slice of life stuff so look forward to reading this one.

Journal Entry 5 by alkaline-kiwi at Starbucks - Queen St. in Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (2/7/2012 UTC) at Starbucks - Queen St. in Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand

left in the OBCZ shelf