Unsettled

by Zachariah Wells | Poetry |
Registered by wingPooker3wing of Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on 6/23/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingPooker3wing from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Thursday, June 23, 2011
I'm not a poetry kind of gal for the most part. I don't care for waxing on eloquently about wine and roses or walking in beauty and all that frilliness, but I loved these poems. There's no eau de joie. These poems are raw and hard and as biting as, I suspect, the arctic cold and, for that matter, the landscape.

I have a friend who used to work up north for months at time. He was required to come back to Winnipeg every few months to become "civilized" again, because he would (all his co-workers would) become a little bit unglued, unsettled, up there. Notwithstanding, he loved it up there. These poems remind me of him and why he loved it and why he had to leave it sometimes.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPooker3wing at Winnipeg Convention Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Friday, June 24, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (6/24/2011 UTC) at Winnipeg Convention Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

I left the book on the picnic table at the York Avenue entrance.

This book was released for the 2011 Canada Day release challenge. For 10 days I'll be releasing books by Canadian authors.

So, read a Canadian book won't you & help me celebrate our country & our stories. Happy Canada Day!

Welcome to the wonderful and wacky world of BookCrossing! Here you'll find a unique and worldwide community of book lovers sharing their books. This book is now yours! Read it, enjoy it. Keep it or pass it on to someone you know or even release it back into the wild as I did. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this book will be notified by e-mail and can follow this book on its travels. BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your email address) and it's a whole lot of fun!