Tiny Kittens (Short and Sweet bookbox)

Registered by wingelstapladorwing of Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on 6/22/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingelstapladorwing from Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 22, 2011
This is the journal book for the Short and Sweet bookbox. Please make sure that this book remains in the bookbox when you send it on!

The Short and Sweet bookbox contains collections of short stories (fictional or otherwise) and books that are less than fifty pages long (not counting prefaces and what have you).

As the books are a wide variety of shapes and sizes, it doesn't make sense to operate a strict one out, one in, policy. It might be more sensible to put in as many pages as you take out... Just aim for the box to be reasonably full when you send it on again!

The current order is:

beginning with elstaplador, and then to:

1. Diane-Fraser
2. JemmaJ
3. disneyfreaksam
4. ZAS
5. dodau
***IMPORTANT - dodau please PM me before sending to alexpanda85 as she may be a staller***
6. alexpanda85
7. Purplesu
8. gill1

and then back to elstaplador

Journal Entry 2 by wingelstapladorwing at Short and Sweet, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Friday, July 08, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (7/8/2011 UTC) at Short and Sweet, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Posting to Diane-Fraser, with:

Count Bakwerdz on the Carpet and Other Incredible Stories - Norman Hunter
Octopussy & 007 in New York - Ian Fleming
A Mixed Bouquet - Eve Adams
Life's Too Short - various
Seven Gothic Tales - Isak Dinesen (Karen Blixen)
Year One - Marianne Faithfull
In the Teeth of the Evidence - Dorothy L. Sayers
Heavenly Date and Other Flirtations - Alexander McCall Smith
Cobra Trap - Peter O'Donnell

and some little bags of sweets to fill up gaps and fulfil the second half of the title!

Hope you enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Picked up from the Post Office today. Have taken the bag of chocolates out as i was dippy enough to leave the box in my car all day and they melted in the heat! doh.

Will take me a day or two to decide what to take out, whittled down to six possibles but I might only have three replacements. PMing the next in line for their addy and hope to have on the way again by the weekend. Thanks for arranging this box of goodies elstaplador

Journal Entry 4 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Sunday, July 17, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (7/18/2011 UTC) at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Taken out:

Buenos Noches, Buenos Aires by Gilbert Adair
Lines on love and Life by Barbara Cartland
The Quiet Little Woman - A Christmas Story by Louisa May Alcott

Posting to JemmaJ :)

Journal Entry 5 by JemmaJ at Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Monday, July 25, 2011
The box arrived on friday last week; had to internet to journal I had it!

Seen a few I want to take out and I have the replacements already to go in! PMing disneyfreaksam for address and then it will be posted before I head off to camp on Friday!

Journal Entry 6 by JemmaJ at Warminster, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (8/11/2011 UTC) at Warminster, Wiltshire United Kingdom

REMOVED:
"The Whitsun Weddings" (BCID: 542-9948304)
"Life's Too Short" (BCID: 064-9946170)
"Buenas Noches Buenos Aires" (BCID: 834-8410772)

ADDED:
"On the road with Ronnie the Rep" (BCID: 701-9756291)
"Underneath the Underground: The Ghost of Knightsbridge" (BCID: 701-9756292)
"What Use is a Moose?" (BCID: 701-9756293)

Posting tomorrow (11th August) to Samantha (disneyfreaksam)

Journal Entry 7 by disneyfreaksam at Warminster, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 13, 2011
Received today. I will decide what to take over the next couple of days.

Journal Entry 8 by disneyfreaksam at Warminster, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 08, 2011
Gorgeous

Journal Entry 9 by disneyfreaksam at Warminster, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Friday, September 09, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (9/9/2011 UTC) at Warminster, Wiltshire United Kingdom

In bookbox

Journal Entry 10 by ZAS at Thrapston, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 17, 2011
Caught the book box earlier this week. The choice is very good and I'm having a hard time deciding which ones to hang on to! I'll PM dodau for her address and get the box sent on by the end of the week.

Journal Entry 11 by ZAS at Thrapston, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 25, 2011
Ready to send on to dodau.

I have taken out:

A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf
On Life and Art by John Ruskin
Bridget Jones's Diary (the first columns) by Helen Fielding
Odd and the Frost Giants by Neil Gaiman
Chronicles of Narnia: Susan's Journey;Lucy's Adventure;Peter's Destiny;Edmund's Struggle
and the Little Book of Long Life

Journal Entry 12 by dodau at Ellesmere Port, Cheshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 02, 2011
First of all apologies. I didn't realise I'd had this box for so long. I will post it on this week. I've taken out the Eve Adams and the Annie Proulx books, both of the titles I can't remember but I have journalled them. I'm putting in Time wreck by Vivian Alcock and Good Bones by Margaret Atwood. Pming the next person now.