Need

by Carrie Jones | Teens |
Registered by Tsjara of Zaandam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on 6/15/2011
Journal Entry 1 by Tsjara from Zaandam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Back of cover:
Zara White suspects a freaky guy is stalking her. She memorises phobias and chants them when she's nervous. Ok, she hasn't exactly been herself since her stepfather died. But moving to a freezing Maine town to stay with her grandmother is supposed to be the perfect fix - so her mum says.
Except, this plan of sending Zara away to help her stay sane? Yeah, not working. Turns out the stalker is not a figment of Zara's imagination. He's still following her, leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust. There's something not right - not human - in this sleepy Maine town, and all signs are pointing to Zara.

Journal Entry 2 by Tsjara at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, July 02, 2011
Finished reading this a little while ago. It was an easy read and I finished it in 2 days, wanting to know how it would end (so it gets an extra star for that), but it also annoyed me at times. Especially the main character Zara, who keeps whining and doing a lot stupid things. Not sure if this is based on Twilight or something, as I haven't read them, but it did sort of remind me of it (or what little I know about it :p, seems there are rather a lot of those kind of books lately..).
I did like the bits about the different phobias though.

** Warning, spoilers ahead! **

There seem to be some plot holes, or illogical things.. for example just because you see a guy vaguely flash by a couple times or so, doesn't exactly make him a stalker or a pixie... don't know where they got that from (did they google for creepy guy?).
And if there was snow and ice everywhere (while it was still autumn the day before?), it wouldn't be very dark outside/in the woods, since it reflects light (also not very smart to go stomping on the brakes of the car everytime).
The pixies seemed rather vampire-ish.. drinking blood, having to be invited inside the house (the thing with the room was also weird, he was already in the house anyway. She has to be very stupid to think that it was suddenly her dad there, instead of the pixie who was banging on the door the entire time).
Also kind of strange that everyone suddenly turned out to be some kind of were..
Oh, and Zara is a rather well known (Spanish?) clothes store here in Europe, and I wonder if they have it in the US, since the characters kept saying what an unusual name it was..but everytime they said Zara, I had to think of that clothes store :p.

Hopefully someone else will like it better.

Journal Entry 3 by Tsjara at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (8/2/2012 UTC) at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands

In the mail to xlacrimax who chose this from the 'A Little Bit of Everything VBB' (hosted by Ythan). I think this is the first time I've mailed a book to Lithuania. :)

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by roommush at Panevėžys, Panevėžio Lithuania on Tuesday, August 07, 2012
The book is now safe and sound with me, thank you! :)
_____
I had higher hopes for this one, unfortunately... I didn't even finish reading it, just skimmed through the last chapters to get an idea how it all ends.

Journal Entry 5 by roommush at Panevezys, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Lithuania on Sunday, November 25, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (11/25/2012 UTC) at Panevezys, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Lithuania

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by McPig at on Sunday, May 18, 2014
This book was sent to me from Lithuania by xlacrimax as a controlled release. I hadn't joined Book Crossing at that time, so that's why I'm only now logging it.
This is a nice read.

Journal Entry 7 by McPig at on Tuesday, August 12, 2014
will be send as a controlled release soon

Journal Entry 8 by McPig at on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (8/26/2014 UTC) at

Put in the mail as a controlled release

Journal Entry 9 by PrincessRainbow at Zirl, Tirol Austria on Sunday, August 31, 2014
I received the book in the European wishlist tag. Thank you very much for sending it to me. Thank you for the postcard with the gull and the bookmarks.

I got the book a 2nd time, so I will send this one to another BookCrosser who has it on the wishlist.

Journal Entry 10 by PrincessRainbow at Zirl, Tirol Austria on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (10/21/2014 UTC) at Zirl, Tirol Austria

The book is on the way to Lottiotta (UK).

Journal Entry 11 by Lottiotta at Aberdovey, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, October 31, 2014
Caught from a bookmooch mailing. :) Thanks very much!

Journal Entry 12 by Lottiotta at Aberdovey, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, August 13, 2015
I picked this up after several weeks' break, and within 2 pages I read the line "I'm not most girls." That kind of cemented the idea that this book isn't for me, so about halfway through I'm giving up and finding someone who'll enjoy it more than me.

It's a kind of slow-burn romance with some flimsy urban fantasy background scenery. It has a whole slow-reveal thing going on but I just can't find myself intrigued.

Journal Entry 13 by Cassolotl at Aberdovey, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, August 13, 2015
I am Lottiotta, and I just opened this new account to start afresh. This is the only Bookcrossing registered book in my possession so I thought I should journal it just for accuracy!

Need has been claimed on bookmooch.com by Caroline in London, so I'll be posting it second class tomorrow.

Journal Entry 14 by Cassolotl at Aberdovey, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, August 14, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (8/14/2015 UTC) at Aberdovey, Wales United Kingdom

I listed this on bookmooch.com, clearly mentioning that it was a bookcrossing book and with a URL linking to the public journal page. Within an hour it was claimed by Caroline in London, so I posted it second class today and it should be there by Monday 17th August 2015.