The Lake House

by James Patterson | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by TaleofGenji of North Jersey, New Jersey USA on 6/14/2011
Journal Entry 1 by TaleofGenji from North Jersey, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Discard from a local book fair, rescued so it could find a new reader and avoid being placed in a dumpster. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Read!

Journal Entry 2 by TaleofGenji at Hamilton, Massachusetts USA on Monday, June 20, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (6/20/2011 UTC) at Hamilton, Massachusetts USA

Placing in my FICTION Bookbox. Happy travels little book!

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Taking out of: TaleofGenji's Fiction Bookbox.

I have a copy of When the Wind Blows, so I am glad to find the sequel to this one.

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, August 31, 2015
Book #2 in the When the Wind Blows series: The six children have escaped horrifying government experiments, a childhood in captivity, and a frightening brush with death. Living out in the world for the first time, they yearn to be reunited with Kit and Frannie, the couple who saved their lives. And Max, the leader of the flock, is seized by an overpowering fear that the kids are about to face a danger greater than any they've ever known. All that the children want is to return to the one place they have ever felt truly protected--the waterfront cabin known as the Lake House. But in order to get there, they must thwart the sinister plans of a survivor from their worst nightmare--plans that not only keep Kit, Frannie, and the children in constant peril, but threaten the future of human existence. And it's a battle they must be willing to pay any price to win. THE LAKE HOUSE is the completion of James Patterson's most original and compelling story ever, When the Wind Blows--a conclusion that millions of readers have awaited for years.

My Review: This was a really interesting story. I'm used to James Patterson's mystery books, so this one is kind of different. I liked the characters. The bird-kids plus Frannie and Kit who act like their parents. The truly shocking thing is I am sure some of the "science fiction" aspects of the story are true. I read When the Wind Blows and this book this weekend. I couldn't put them down.

Sorry it took me so long to read this!

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at SoHo Bagel OBCZ - Towne Lake Parkway in Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, September 18, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (9/18/2015 UTC) at SoHo Bagel OBCZ - Towne Lake Parkway in Woodstock, Georgia USA

Left on the shelf at Soho Bagel today. Enjoy!