Swimming Lessons

by Mary Alice Monroe | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by winglmn60wing of Spotswood, Victoria Australia on 6/13/2011
Journal Entry 1 by winglmn60wing from Spotswood, Victoria Australia on Monday, June 13, 2011
Destined for a bookcrosser in a far off land! Hope you enjoy it!

From Publishers Weekly...
'Sick sea turtles and a sharply drawn cast mark Monroe's hardcover debut, an inspirational tale of redemption and, naturally, the power of love. Single mom Toy Sooner has two loves: her daughter, Lovie, and sea turtles, so when sick sea turtles wash up near Charleston, S.C ., one summer and overwhelm the area's resources for turtle aid, Toy is tapped by the president of the aquarium where she works to land a grant for setting up a turtle hospital. This means long nights of work alongside fetching aquarium director Ethan Legare. Their evenings at Toy's home (where Ethan gets on splendidly with Lovie) stir Toy's dormant emotions. Meanwhile, Toy's friends wrestle with their own issues—aging, infertility, money problems, postdivorce blues. After Toy's grant is approved, she is put in charge of the turtle hospital and things are pretty swell—until Lovie's father, Darryl, suddenly reappears, intent on playing a role in Lovie's life. Toy is torn, and trouble is in the offing. A crisis hits very late in the book, giving the narrative a lopsided feel. Though billed as the sequel to Beach House (2002), the novel stands on its own and will likely widen Monroe's readership.'

Journal Entry 2 by winglmn60wing at JOE exchange, Book Exchange -- Controlled Releases on Monday, August 29, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (8/29/2011 UTC) at JOE exchange, Book Exchange -- Controlled Releases

Finally getting my act together to send this off to you! Hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 3 by nikel27 at Ginsheim-Gustavsburg, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, November 29, 2011
arrived safe at my house, thanks

Great read

Journal Entry 4 by nikel27 at -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on Monday, August 14, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (8/1/2017 UTC) at -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany

Happy Birthday - via BookObsessed Exchange 2017

Journal Entry 5 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Monday, February 26, 2018
This has been sitting on my dining room table since it got to me at the beginning of September. I'm sorry for the delay in journaling it here.

Journal Entry 6 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Thursday, August 22, 2019
This book got me out of a reading slump. It was such an engaging and sweet story. I couldn't put it down, and it helped me get through several days of resting out of work due to a pulled back muscle. Thanks for sharing it with me Nickel. This was exactly what I needed to read.

Released 2 mos ago (9/16/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library # 77880 - 1315 Church Street in Evanston, Illinois USA

Left in the little free library.