Devil Bones: A Novel (Temperance Brennan)

by Kathy Reichs | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Lumbermoose of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 6/11/2011
Journal Entry 1 by Lumbermoose from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, June 11, 2011

Book 11 in the Temperance Brennan Series

In a house under renovation, a plumber uncovers a cellar no one knew about, and makes a rather grisly discovery -- a decapitated chicken, animal bones, and cauldrons containing beads, feathers, and other relics of religious ceremonies. In the center of the shrine, there is the skull of a teenage girl. Meanwhile, on a nearby lakeshore, the headless body of a teenage boy is found by a man walking his dog.

Nothing is clear -- neither when the deaths occurred, nor where. Was the skull brought to the cellar or was the girl murdered there? Why is the boy's body remarkably well preserved? Led by a preacher turned politician, citizen vigilantes blame devil worshippers and Wiccans. They begin a witch hunt, intent on seeking revenge.

Journal Entry 2 by Lumbermoose at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, October 09, 2011
Another great book in the series.

Journal Entry 3 by Lumbermoose at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, October 09, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (10/9/2011 UTC) at Woodstock, Georgia USA

Passing on to JennyC.

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, September 18, 2014
Wow! I've had this one awhile. I thought I already journaled this one. I'm reading this now.

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, September 20, 2014
My Review: This was a great book in the Temperance Brennan series. It's been awhile since I've read one. The mystery is great, Tempe's relationship with Ryan isn't so great. Her focus is divided between her personal life and solving the mystery.

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, January 28, 2015
This book is starting in Round 12 of Bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller VBB.

Journal Entry 7 by JennyC1230 at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Saturday, June 06, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (6/8/2015 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to Sonkku from Bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller VBB. Enjoy!

Tracking # 9549011075545173325071

Journal Entry 8 by wingSonkkuwing at Addison, Texas USA on Friday, June 26, 2015
I got book today. Thank you very much!

Journal Entry 9 by wingSonkkuwing at Dallas, Texas USA on Thursday, November 19, 2015
Very good book. I have read this one also in Finnish. Some parts I remembered but not how the book ended and who was murderer.

Journal Entry 10 by wingSonkkuwing at Nebraska Furniture Mart in The Colony, Texas USA on Saturday, March 11, 2017

Released 3 yrs ago (3/11/2017 UTC) at Nebraska Furniture Mart in The Colony, Texas USA

I leave book on the table on Subway