Wicked Bugs: The Louse That Conquered Napoleon's Army & Other Diabolical Insects

by Amy Stewart | Pets & Animals | This book has not been rated.
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 6/9/2011
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, July 30, 2011
Etchings and drawings by Briony Morrow-Cribbs

I'm not a fan of bugs in general, and this book didn't help...but it is fascinating and beautifully illustrated.

This is not a book about beneficial, benign insects. The critters covered here range from the annoying to the deadly. Some cause or carry disease, others are poison, and some destroy food supplies, causing famine and poverty.

The title of the introduction is one of those things I'd rather not think about too much: "Warning: We Are Seriously Outnumbered". Eww.

I originally thought this might go in JudySlump612's Medicine Chest Bookbox, but it might end up in MaryZee's Biographies of Things box instead.

Here's another copy on my shelf.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (5/29/2012 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Headed out in MaryZee's Biographies of Things box.

This book was set free to find a new reader; I'm so glad you've found it!

Free your books - help spread the words!

Edit to add a couple of related links: Insects of Hawaii and Hawaii Insect ID on Flickr.

Journal Entry 3 by Bluestocking88 at Longview, Washington USA on Thursday, July 19, 2012
I selected this book from MaryZee's Biography of Things bookbox. Looks like a great read. Thanks!