New Moon

by Stephenie Meyer | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 1905654618 Global Overview for this book
Registered by doodleali of Arnold, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on 6/6/2011
Journal Entry 1 by doodleali from Arnold, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Monday, June 06, 2011
The second in the Twilight saga. Enjoyed this more than Twilight has sent me off in search of the rest of the series.

Journal Entry 2 by doodleali at on Friday, June 17, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (6/18/2011 UTC) at

I am taking this to the Nottingham meet. If no one takes it home I shall leave it on the shelves.

Journal Entry 3 by chocdrop at Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Saturday, June 18, 2011
I've recently read Twilight so it was great to see New Moon at todays Nottingham meet-up.

Journal Entry 4 by chocdrop at Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Monday, January 30, 2012
Read this a few months ago. I also enjoyed it more than Twilight largely due to the fact that Edward isn't in it that much and we get to find out more about Jacob.

Journal Entry 5 by chocdrop at Germany, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Monday, January 30, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (1/30/2012 UTC) at Germany, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Luanalara very kindly sent me a book off my wishlist. In return, New Moon is now on its way to Germany.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by Luanalara at Erkelenz, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, February 04, 2012
Thank you, the book has arrived safely! :)

Journal Entry 7 by Luanalara at Erkelenz, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, June 09, 2013
I want to read all the "Twilight" books to compare with the movies. This one was really boring. I hated Bella's useless suffering because she wasn't "good enough" for douchebag Edward. If Meyer had managed to really get across why the love between Bella and Edward is so special and great it perhaps would've been better, but since I still don't know what's so great about Bella (other than she smells like the best meal ever and is immune to Edward's talent) or Edward (he's good-looking I guess) I just don't get it. *shrugs*

I always like it when we get some information on the minor characters like the other Cullens because I find them more interesting than the main characters. Jacob started out as a really likable guy, but after he turned into a werewolf all that aggressiveness made me uncomfortable. It's a typical aspect of werewolves, but how Meyer writes it always seems to me like shrugging off domestic violence (same with Edward's constant anger and overruling Bella's decisions).

I'm not even getting into the whole "I'm 18 and oooold, boohoo!" thing because it's so stupid.

For me there's some really good story somewhere in this series but Meyer isn't a good writer and her main characters are blank slates, especially Bella has no personality whatsoever.
Ah well, they did improve the book a bit in the movie.

I'm sorry that I don't have good things to say about this, but it was just boring and annoying to me most of the time. I'm still very fond of the Volturi, though. *g*

Released 6 yrs ago (7/2/2013 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt / Persönlich weitergegeben --, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

This book travels on, and what a journey it will have - collin26 on the Philippines is the next reader. :) I hope you enjoy (it more than I did *g*)!

Journal Entry 9 by rem_collin26 at Dasmarinas, Cavite Philippines on Sunday, July 14, 2013
What a very fast mail it was! Thanks for this cool book, Luanalara!