Storm Thief

by Chris Wooding | Teens |
Registered by Minerva101 of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 6/6/2011
Journal Entry 1 by Minerva101 from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, June 06, 2011
Chris Wooding is consistently good - I enjoy his writing a lot!

Book Description from chapters.ca
Orokos is a city of chaos, lashed by probability storms that re-order the world wherever they strike. It covers every inch of the rocky island that it dominates. It has stood for so long that history has forgotten it, and its citizens no longer question what exists beyond its walls. Then three of its denizens discover a map that holds the key to the secret at the heart of Orokos. But there are others, such as the Chief of the Protectorate Secret Police who would do anything to get their hands on that power...anything at all

Journal Entry 2 by Minerva101 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (7/12/2011 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Mailed to mathgirl40 as her selection from my YA VBB
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Monday, July 25, 2011
I chose this book from Minerva101's YA VBB. It has arrived and both my daughter and I are looking forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 4 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Sunday, June 10, 2012
This young-adult sci-fi/fantasy novel had intriguing characters, a richly described world and thought-provoking ideas such as the probability storms. Yet, somehow this book didn’t quite live up to its potential for me. It felt as if the author was simply relating one event after another in quick succession. It was a shame, as the setting and the characters seemed to offer so much more. Perhaps Wooding will expand on these ideas in other books, though as far as I know, he has not written a sequel to Storm Thief.

Thanks again to Minerva101 for sending this book to me!

Journal Entry 5 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Friday, February 08, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (2/8/2013 UTC) at Waterloo, Ontario Canada

I've sent this book off to Bkind2books, as part of a wishlist-tag game. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, February 16, 2013
Arrived today - thanks for the tag, mathgirl40!

Journal Entry 7 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Monday, September 19, 2016
I find this a hard book to journal. There's a lot that I liked about this - the world-building was good; the story was interesting; and yet I could not get into this story. The main characters - Rail and Moa - were good and I did like the relationship between them, but something was just not there for me. The novel seems somewhat wooden. There was a lot of wasted potential. Perhaps this is just not my cup of tea.

Journal Entry 8 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, June 15, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (6/14/2019 UTC) at Clarksville, Tennessee USA

Releasing in box of YA books - enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by wingbamaforeverwing at Clanton, Alabama USA on Monday, June 17, 2019
Thank you so much for the box of YA books.