Comfort Me with Apples: More Adventures at the Table

by Ruth Reichl | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by wildflower37 of Montclair, New Jersey USA on 6/5/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wildflower37 from Montclair, New Jersey USA on Sunday, June 05, 2011
Loved this author's first book and enjoyed this one as well. Just received my copy back from after loaning it to my mother.

Journal Entry 2 by wildflower37 at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, July 25, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (7/25/2011 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Adding to the Remember the Memoir bookbox. Funny how the prequel to this (Tender at the Bone) is also in this box. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland USA on Tuesday, August 09, 2011
I was so thrilled to find this book from my wishlist included in this box. So of course, I snagged it :) And funnily enough, one of my additions to the box - her later book, Garlic and Sapphires. Hope someone enjoys that one, and I'm looking forward to reading more of Reichl. Thanks, Wildflower37!

Journal Entry 4 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland USA on Thursday, April 05, 2012
Love, love, love Reichl's writing. Her foodie and travel anecdotes are enthralling. She makes you feel as if you're sitting at table with her and her culinary friends. I loved the part where she went to a party to meet an up-and-coming chef, she walks into the kitchen and he immediately puts her to work (not knowing she's the culiary reviewer he's supposed to be meeting) and then as part of the conversation he mentions how he doesn't like to meet reviewers while he's working. Also a wonderful ending to this book was cooking in Barcelona while recuperating from a personal loss.

Just a wonderful read - highly recommended! This will soon be off to MyssCyn for the wishlist tag game.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland USA on Monday, April 16, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (4/16/2012 UTC) at Taneytown, Maryland USA

Packaged up to mail off to MyssCyn in Texas in the next day or 2. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by MyssCyn at San Antonio, Texas USA on Friday, April 20, 2012
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love Ruth Reichl's writing.
I really appreciate this RABCK.

Reserved for dicentragirl.

Journal Entry 7 by dicentragirl at Shoreline, Washington USA on Friday, February 01, 2013
I ended up reading this before I got around to journaling it! Whoops! Great book, just like all of Reichl's other writing. I liked this one because she seems to delve into more of her personal life and it shows how far she has come in her life.

Thanks for the RABCK. I'm looking forward to passing this one along to someone who will enjoy it as much as I did. :)