The Death of Bunny Munro

by Nick Cave | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by BookGroupMan of Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on 6/3/2011
Journal Entry 1 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, June 03, 2011
Yes Nick Cave the singer, but he comes recommended as a writer...looks a bit weird though. From the blurb, 'A lyrical end-of-the-pier morality tale...A grotesque delight'

(21/07/11) It is was it says, grotesque, but fascinating like watching a road crash happen before your eyes in slow motion - with a drunken bar-room soundtrack in the background! Nick Cave, the husky voicy 'Bad Seeds' singer is also a fine writer, unashamedly rude and non-PC, like Gonzo but with a plot, pathos and deeper meanings about addiction, obsession and family politics. I loved it, and would highly recommend, with a bit of a sex, drugs & rock-n-roll warning :)

Journal Entry 2 by BookGroupMan at CoffeeLink, Neptune Marina in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (8/13/2011 UTC) at CoffeeLink, Neptune Marina in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

I'm taking this along to today's bookcrossing meet-up, I predict that it won't stay on the table for long!

Journal Entry 3 by Semioticghost at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Monday, August 15, 2011
picked up at the monthly bookcrossing coffee morning - thanks!

Journal Entry 4 by Semioticghost at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Friday, May 23, 2014
My apologies for keeping this book for so long. I've now read it, and would say that I love his music much more than his plotting. This is not the novel's fault - I think I may just not have been in the right mood for this.
I loved the characterisations though, and the sheer inevitability of it all.

Released 5 yrs ago (5/30/2014 UTC) at Caffe Nero IP1 book-crossing zone in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

This book is to be left
upstairs at Caffe Nero.

If you are the finder, you can make a journal entry here - you can remain anonymous if you want! I hope you enjoy the book and that you'll get a chance to leave it somewhere else for someone else to find in due course. There is an old (but still very informative) article on bookcrossing to be found here:

Local bookcrossers meet on the second Saturday of each month from 12-1 (ish) upstairs jn Coffee Link on Neptune Marina. New people are always welcome, and you don't need to bring anything. You will recognize us by the pile of books on the table. Tis brings me to the potential danger of such meetups - you may leave with more books than you brought :)

If you like the idea of bookcrossing, more free books can be found in Ipswich bookcrossing zones:
Caffe Nero, the Buttermarket, (upstairs on the mantlepiece)
The Greyhound pub on Ivry Road (shelf opposite the bar)
Coffee Link, Neptune Marina (upstairs, book case on far wall)

Colchester:
Hospital Arms, Crouch Street
15 Queen Street
Fox Pub, Layer de la Haye
Jardines Bistro, Wivenhoe

Please do stop for a coffee or drink while you're there.