The Piano Teacher

by Janice Y. K. Lee | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 000732944X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wandering-B of Tai Po, New Territories Hong Kong on 6/2/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wandering-B from Tai Po, New Territories Hong Kong on Thursday, June 02, 2011
From the cover:

"In the heat and bustle of 1950's Hong Kong, newlywed Claire Pendleton is changing from an uptight English wallflower to a beautiful, graceful bloom. Then she meets Will, driver to wealthy Chinese couple the Chens when she takes the job of piano teacher to their daughter. His enigmatic presence enthralls and excites her.

A decade earlier, with war looming, Eurasian beauty Trudy Liang casts her own spell of fascination. A social butterfly, she is a thing of mystery -- and intrigue. She knows everyone worth knowing in Hong Kong - Chinese and foreign, good and bad, rich and poor. Including a newly arrived young Englishman - the magnetic Will Truesdale . . . ."

Journal Entry 2 by wandering-B at Tai Po, New Territories Hong Kong on Thursday, June 02, 2011
Thoroughly enjoyed this book - it runs the range of emotions. I had heard some stories about the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong, and found many of them in this book. Very well written - vivid.

Hope you enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wandering-B at Tai Po, New Territories Hong Kong on Thursday, June 30, 2011
Sending off to my Love Your Country exchange partner. Hope you enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by Foxears at Linköping, Östergötland Sweden on Wednesday, July 13, 2011
I just recieved the package, and it is wonderful. Thank you so much!
The story of this book looks familiar, I think I've heard someone tell me about it. I'm looking forward to read it!

Journal Entry 5 by Foxears at Linköping, Östergötland Sweden on Thursday, September 01, 2011
TO CHINA: This book will follow me with my smaller selection of bookcrossing books when I move to China.