The Debutante

by Kathleen Tessaro | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingelstapladorwing of Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on 6/1/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingelstapladorwing from Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 01, 2011
Dear reader, dear finder - thank you for coming here to see where this book has been so far. I hope you enjoy it. Do feel free to leave a journal entry below saying where you found it, what you thought of it, and what you intend to do with it.

From a charity shop.

Journal Entry 2 by wingelstapladorwing at Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Monday, March 09, 2020
This book opens on a hot day in London. We know it's hot, because we're told the temperature... in degrees Fahrenheit. Sadly, this lack of attention to detail continues throughout the book, with an obvious lack of understanding of the duties of a lady's maid, the intersection of Roman Catholicism with the British class system, and the melting point of silver all throwing me out of the story at times. I also never really found the hero a convincing character. However, the book made for a diverting way to pass a train journey, and the ends were tied up in a pleasing and surprising manner. Some lovely descriptions in there, too.

Released 1 yr ago (3/8/2020 UTC) at Cambridge North railway station in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom

This book has been released as part of the BookCrossing.com project, which allows readers to follow the books they've loved and passed on as they travel through the wild. If you enjoy this book, please consider leaving a journal entry below saying where you found it, what you thought of it, and where it might be going next.