Last of the Ravens

by Linda Jones | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by rainbow3 of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 5/26/2011
Journal Entry 1 by rainbow3 from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, May 26, 2011
Fantastic Fiction: This is no world for those who are other than human. But is it still a world for those who love? New York Times bestselling author Linda Winstead Jones presents readers with an evocative, sensual, emotional tale of a man who is one of a kind..

Bren Korbinian is unique: the last of the raven-kind. He long ago accepted there was no future - no wife or children - for him. But when he sees the petite blonde woman entering the only other cabin on "his" mountain, something stirs inside him.

Miranda Lynch speaks with ghosts, helping those in need of solace. The last thing she expects is to meet a man who speaks to something deep inside her, filling her dreams with erotic promise.

But discovery and joy are touched with danger - there is an organization that wants the world free of "freaks" like Bren and Miranda. They will stop at nothing to ensure that Korbinian is the last of his kind. Including murder..
-----------------------------------------------------

Secrets and hidden agendas cause great torment to these two, who would make a charming couple once they got together, if they got together, and of course the getting to any get-together is fraught with scary challenges! There’s a suspenseful storyline that holds together well, even though some unlikely, given the context, details irritated me. i.e. Korbinian, despite having raven-kind powers since a puberty had never tried; lifting more than pebbles and twigs nor; separating the flock and giving different elements of it different tasks, how odd, how curious? I would have thought the inclination to try both would have been irresistible to a boy!

I like the fact that the story had a chunky slice of the big drama seemingly tidied up two thirds of the way through but yet there was much more to be negotiated between Bren and Miranda and in addition another sub-plot to be thrashed out. Finally there was a wee chunk of and-after-all-that-what-happened-next time to follow up threads, which was nice to read. An easy summer holiday read I’d say, enjoy!

Released 8 yrs ago (5/26/2011 UTC) at Always Sunday cafe, High St (Royal Mile) in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

I cannot make the next bookcrossing meeting so I shall leave this on the bookshelves of Always Sunday Café on Thursday this week.

ADDED - AUGUST 2011: Retrieved from the book shelf at Always Sunday café in mid August. Thought I’d come up with another release location for it because ten weeks awaiting pick-up here may mean it was not the best release location for a supernatural romance…

Journal Entry 3 by Vespa at Weymouth, Dorset United Kingdom on Saturday, September 24, 2011
received in my lovely parcel today thank you.