A Wrinkle in Time

by Madeleine L'Engle | Children's Books |
Registered by Skylerdragon of Parkville, Missouri USA on 9/13/2003
Journal Entry 1 by Skylerdragon from Parkville, Missouri USA on Saturday, September 13, 2003
A Wrinkle In Time is one of those stories that never leave the reader. The characters, plot, setting, conflict and even theme of the story are penetrating and unforgettable. I love and adore Meg. She represents everything I want to be, yet somehow reflects every girl I have ever met in some way. She is extraordinary. Her stuborn, awkward tantrums, and her impatience and curiosity are some of her most subtle charms.
Charles Wallace is whimsical and brilliant. He is the perfect antithesis of Meg and actually helps to highlight Meg's charms, flaws, and overall character. Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs Who, and Mrs Which are great and probably contribute the comic relief in this fascinating tale of good versus evil. And Calvin. I like Calvin a lot too because of how happy he makes Meg. He allows Meg to see a side of herself that she isnt aware of without him.
L'Engle did an incridble job in all aspects of this story. The plot is exciting from begining to end, the settings are creative and magical throughout, and the overall mood of the story is incredible. I really think I will never forget this story. I am most fascinated however with her ability to weve the theme of good versus evil throughout the book. The story even echoes the salvation story and casts the reader into a struggle against thier own personal sins. I loved how subtly yet simply L'Engle did this.
My students for the most part really enjoyed this story! I'd like to try discussion groups with the story next year. I think this story opens and entire can of opportunity for the enthusiastic Comm Arts teacher. My students enjoyed it and I think that even the nonreaders liked the fun voices I used when we read it together.

Journal Entry 2 by Skylerdragon at Festus Public Library in Festus, Missouri USA on Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Released 19 yrs ago (1/25/2005 UTC) at Festus Public Library in Festus, Missouri USA

Old School Copy ready to find new readers.
I have to admit this is really one of the best books I have ever read in my life. I keep registering and releasing it because it really is an incredible story. Every child should read this book. I really should read the rest of the series too. Fantastic stuff. Listed below are my other journal entries:

here, and
here.

Journal Entry 3 by nursiegirl42 from Grandview, Missouri USA on Wednesday, January 26, 2005
I found this on the free table at the Festus Library! This is an old book and its almost seen its last days!

Journal Entry 4 by nursiegirl42 at Festus Area Newspaper Machine in Festus, Missouri USA on Saturday, January 29, 2005

Released 19 yrs ago (1/29/2005 UTC) at Festus Area Newspaper Machine in Festus, Missouri USA

This is in the Apartment Finders newspaper machine on the corner of YMCA Dr. and Gannon Dr. I put it in there with a few other books!

Journal Entry 5 by AceGirl from Richmond, Missouri USA on Sunday, January 30, 2005
Great find! THis book is a classic!

Journal Entry 6 by AceGirl at Jokerst Memorial Park, West Side in Festus, Missouri USA on Sunday, January 30, 2005

Released 19 yrs ago (1/30/2005 UTC) at Jokerst Memorial Park, West Side in Festus, Missouri USA

Jokerst Memorial Park is divided by a "valley" or ditch designed to control neighborhood drainage and run-off. I placed this book in Shelter #1 on the West side. This shelter is nearest the old caboose. Placed in a bag with one other book and pressed over a nail in the rafters of the shelter. Visitors will see the books right away, provided kids don't take the books first...which is why I released them here to begin with.

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Wednesday, February 2, 2005
caught in Jokest Park in Festus,Missour...taking it to a park in Desoto..we figured that we caught this one from a park so we should release it back in to a park :)

CAUGHT IN FESTUS MISSOURI USA

Journal Entry 8 by Hadirah from Belleville, Illinois USA on Wednesday, May 30, 2007
This is a story I have always loved! I will move it along very soon!

Journal Entry 9 by Hadirah from Belleville, Illinois USA on Saturday, February 2, 2008
Oh every time I read this I fall in love again! I love the details. Meg is like my best friend and Calvin is so cool. I also adore Charles Wallace. I feel like Meg is my best friend though and when she defeats IT I am so proud! This story is imaginative and exciting. It should be on everybody's list of must read books! Awesome!

Journal Entry 10 by Hadirah at Belleville, Illinois USA on Saturday, January 15, 2011

Released 13 yrs ago (1/15/2011 UTC) at Belleville, Illinois USA

Illinois Book Box:
Swapped for this book.

Journal Entry 11 by DunkinKitty at Pevely, Missouri USA on Saturday, November 26, 2011
I got this from a bookbox. Thank you for including it. I have been wanting to read it.