Playing for Pizza

by John Grisham | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by mdm139 of Las Vegas, Nevada USA on 5/21/2011
Journal Entry 1 by mdm139 from Las Vegas, Nevada USA on Saturday, May 21, 2011
Read this book a few years ago. I got this copy at the Book Thing in Baltimore.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland USA on Sunday, July 10, 2011
I sort of had this book thrust upon me today when I mentioned that I'd never read any of Grisham's legal fiction, but I'd really enjoyed both The Painted House and Skipping Christmas (the two other books he's written outside his typical genre).

Thanks for sharing, Mdm139! I'm so glad you came all the way up to Westminster today.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland USA on Thursday, February 16, 2012
I enjoyed this little book with its setting in Parma, Italy. It made me wish I knew more about football (the descriptions of the game, while enjoyable, were a bit difficult for someone who's not very familiar with the various plays). But the descriptions of the food and wine certainly made me wish I were in Italy.

Oh, and I wanted to mention, this book brought back to me our disappointing season-end. Our Baltimore Ravens (formerly the Cleveland Browns) had a crushing loss during the AFC championships this year. Not quite as bad as Rick's, but a missed pass reception and a missed field goal attempt are still a huge disappointment.

Took this with me on my doctor's visit yesterday, and 2 different people remarked to me that they'd never seen a Grisham novel that small :) This will be released at my hairdresser's on Saturday. Thanks for sharing, Mdm139!

Journal Entry 4 by wingmaryzeewing at Heavenly Creations Hair Salon in Westminster, Maryland USA on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (2/18/2012 UTC) at Heavenly Creations Hair Salon in Westminster, Maryland USA

This will be left on the bookshelf in Debbie's shop. Hope the nest reader enjoys it!

Welcome to BookCrossing!

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing -- maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free!) Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels - You'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free. Happy reading!