Old City Hall

by Robert Rotenberg | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by eicuthbertson of Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on 5/16/2011
Journal Entry 1 by eicuthbertson from Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Monday, May 16, 2011
Reserved for the Mystery/Thriller VBB.

A really good read! Good characters and a good plot with lots of turns. A Canadian mystery. The author is a lawyer in Toronto - this was his first.

"Kevin Brace, Canada's most famous radio personality, stands in the door of his luxury condo-minium, hands covered in blood, and announces to his newspaper delivery man: "I killed her." His wife lies dead in the bathtub, fatally stabbed.

It would appear to be an open-and-shut case.

The trouble is, Brace refuses to talk to anyone -- including his own lawyer -- after muttering those incriminating words."

From the publisher's description.

Journal Entry 2 by eicuthbertson at Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, December 29, 2011
This book is now on its way to Minerva101 in Alberta, Canada

Journal Entry 3 by Minerva101 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, January 03, 2012
This book arrived today safely in my mailbox - it looks very good! Thank you so much, eicuthbertson! I will journal again once I have read it :)

Journal Entry 4 by Minerva101 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, February 07, 2014
This was a great read! I had never heard of this Canadian author before and I feel bad that it sat on Mt TBR for so long. I have now picked up a few more books by this author to add to my stack.
Very police procedural without losing the human element. A variety of interesting and believable characters and a whodunnit that keeps you turning the pages. And I really liked the main character of Detective Ari Greene.
Thank you for sharing this with me, eicuthbertson! I will take this to our Calgary Bookcrossing meeting to find a new reader.

Journal Entry 5 by Minerva101 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, February 07, 2014

Journal Entry 6 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, February 11, 2014
I picked this up at the February meeting.

Journal Entry 7 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, March 02, 2016
Enjoyed this read. I was busy pondering why he wasn't talking about anything. Kept me guessing. My husband really enjoyed this book. He had to laugh - real work of fiction since the Leafs are in the running for the Stanley Cup!

Journal Entry 8 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 12, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (3/12/2016 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this in my big pile of books to the March meet up for the Calgary Bookcrossers at Cravings.

Journal Entry 9 by agcollett at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, March 25, 2016
Picked up March Calgary Meeting

Journal Entry 10 by crossingguardma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 09, 2016
So happy to see this book is circling the group. I heard about this Canadian author...kind of John Grishamish.....I read via the library and was looking for this book to get to the group. I read Guilty Plea...number 2 (library) and have the third book to bring to the group.

Journal Entry 11 by agcollett at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, July 10, 2016
Took home again from the Calgary Meeting... Going to give it another try.

Journal Entry 12 by agcollett at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 10, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (9/10/2016 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Will be releasing book at Calgary Bookcrossing meeting at Craves

Journal Entry 13 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 10, 2016
Picked up at the Sept. meeting.

Journal Entry 14 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 08, 2018

Released 10 mos ago (9/8/2018 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to the September meeting!

To the finder:

Journal Entry 15 by BookyMcBooks at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 29, 2018
Picked this up at the September Calgary BookCrossing meetup.