Dealing With Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles)

by Patricia C. Wrede | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingcrimson-tidewing of Balingup, Western Australia Australia on 5/12/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingcrimson-tidewing from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Thursday, May 12, 2011

Amazon.com Review:
Cimorene, princess of Linderwall, is a classic tomboy heroine with classic tomboy strengths--all of which are perceived by those around her as defects: "As for the girl's disposition--well, when people were being polite, they said she was strong-minded. When they were angry or annoyed with her, they said she was as stubborn as a pig." Cimorene, tired of etiquette and embroidery, runs away from home and finds herself in a nest of dragons. Now, in Cimorene's world--a world cleverly built by author Patricia C. Wrede on the shifting sands of myriad fairy tales--princesses are forever being captured by dragons. The difference here is that Cimorene goes willingly. She would rather keep house for the dragon Kazul than be bored in her parents' castle. With her quick wit and her stubborn courage, Cimorene saves the mostly kind dragons from a wicked plot hatched by the local wizards, and worms her way into the hearts of young girls everywhere.

Journal Entry 2 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Reserved for PrincessRainbow as a wishlist tag.

Update 24th August:
A totally charming story, where not all princesses have to be airheads. Cimorene is intelligent, level headed, courageous and assertive, she does things that "really are not done", and of course she wins the day! A tale for all ages, and amusing as well.

Journal Entry 3 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Monday, August 25, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (8/25/2014 UTC) at Balingup, Western Australia Australia

Flying over to see PrincessRainbow as a wishlist tag.
Hope you enjoy it.

Journal Entry 4 by PrincessRainbow at Zirl, Tirol Austria on Thursday, September 04, 2014
4 September 2014: The book arrived today. Thank you very much for sending it to me.

19 October 2015: I finally read the little book and enjoyed it very much. It is very well written and the cover fits very well to the story. I especially liked Cimorene and her female dragon Kazul. It was a charming story that made me laugh. This is the 1st book of "The Enchanted Forest Chronicles" and I want to read the rest of the series.

The Enchanted Forest Chronicles:
1) Dealing with Dragons (Dragonsbane)
2) Searching for Dragons
3) Calling on Dragons
4) Talking to Dragons

Journal Entry 5 by PrincessRainbow at Zirl, Tirol Austria on Monday, November 02, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (11/2/2015 UTC) at Zirl, Tirol Austria

The book travels in dracessa´s "Dragon-box".

Journal Entry 6 by wingdracessawing at Mönchengladbach, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, January 28, 2016
I found this book inside the returned Dragon-Box. I'm curious but it will have to wait a little while...

Journal Entry 7 by wingdracessawing at Mönchengladbach, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, June 24, 2017
I finaly read this book as a three-word-title for the Bergabbau-Challenge. I enjoyed the story very much. I hope, I will find another book of the Enchanted Forest Chronicals.

Journal Entry 8 by wingdracessawing at A RABCK!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, June 24, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (6/18/2017 UTC) at A RABCK!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Direkt an TanteBe weitergegeben (nachdem ich sie zwei Tage mit Kurzzusammenfassungen bombardiert habe). Viel Spaß und gute Unterhaltung!
Gute Reise, liebes Buch. Lass bei Gelegenheit mal von dir hören!