A Treasury of Science

Registered by eastbaybookmisr of Oakland, California USA on 5/8/2011
Journal Entry 1 by eastbaybookmisr from Oakland, California USA on Sunday, May 08, 2011
1958 Harper hardcover Fourth Revised Edition of the 1943 collection of science essays, 1214-1958. I found this copy yesterday in the free books pile on the porch of Dimond Library.

I can let this go after I read:
1946 Rescue Party (short story) [read 2010]
1956 Tales From The "White Hart" [read 2019]
1956 The City and the Stars [n/a]
1957 The Deep Range [read 2019]
1957 A Shot Around the World (essay) [read 2019]

Edit June 26, 2019: This was a fascinating collection of essays over the centuries. It is like reading about contemporary science discoveries of the past, while they were happening. And each was laid out if very clear language for the average reader to follow the argument well.

Released 3 mos ago (6/27/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library at 403 Perkins Street in Oakland, California USA

... in the box.

Please look her up on Google and YouTube. You can also follow her on Facebook and Instagram, among other platforms.