What I Was

by Meg Rosoff | Teens |
Registered by retromonkey of Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on 4/23/2011
Journal Entry 1 by retromonkey from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 23, 2011
A lovely litle book.

Hello and welcome to Bookcrossing!

Thanks for picking up this book. Treat it nicely, enjoy reading it and let everyone know what you thought of it here; you can be anonymous if you like or you might want to join Bookcrossing, if you do you can follow the book's onward journey. Then, pass it on when the time is right.If you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me retromonkey, as your referring member.

Journal Entry 2 by retromonkey at Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 23, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (4/23/2011 UTC) at Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom

Bookswap game entry.

Journal Entry 3 by isisjem at Fosters Booth, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 23, 2011
Won this in the book swap game at Beqi's Birthday Bash!

Journal Entry 4 by isisjem at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 30, 2011
If you haven't read this then please do not read any further because I'd hate to give you a spoiler.

*****************************SPOILER ALERT******************************************************************

When I started reading this book something made me slightly uneasy like something was wrong and I knew what it was but in order for the author to put it right I couldn't see how she was going to achieve it. However, what I'd suspected needed to make this a 'better' story - have a point to it that made it worth reading, was all neatly explained towards the end of the book. OK if you haven't read this book and have ignored the spoiler alert you are probably wondering what spoiler I've given you. So let me say something else: When I was at primary school - my last year - my teacher would read us all manner of books. He also started a library area next to our classroom and one of the books he read to us was "The Turbulent Term of Tyke Tyler" - if you've read this book you will probably be having an 'Ah-ha' moment about "When I was".

Whilst this isn't a book I'd have ever thought of reading I am glad I have and would definitely look out for other books by Meg Rosoff.

Taking along to the meet up

Journal Entry 6 by darkhorse4460 at Salcey Forest, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 22, 2011
Passed on to me by Isisjem at the Salcey Forest meet up. I've never read anything by this author but hear good things :-)

Journal Entry 7 by darkhorse4460 at Bletchingdon, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 15, 2018
This has languished unread for many years. I'm taking it to the BC meet at the Kings Arms, Oxford on Saturday to get back in circulation.

Journal Entry 8 by darkhorse4460 at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 15, 2018

Released 3 wks ago (11/17/2018 UTC) at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Going to BC meet at the Kings Arms, Oxford

Journal Entry 9 by wingMissMarkeywing at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, November 17, 2018
Picked up at the Bookcrossing Meet up in The King's Head. My reading material for the bus journey home.