Men at Arms: A Discworld Novel

by Sir Terry Pratchett | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by symphonicca of Ottawa, Ontario Canada on 4/23/2011
Journal Entry 1 by symphonicca from Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Saturday, April 23, 2011
Went to the used book store a few weeks ago and there was a TREASURE TROVE of used Terry Pratchett books! So exciting!

From the back: "Be a man in the city watch! The city watch needs MEN! But what it's got includes Corporal Carrot (technically a dwarf), Lance-Constable Cuddy (really a dwarf), Lance-constable Detritus (a troll), Lance-Constable Angua (a woman... most of the time) and Corporal Nobby (disqualified from the human race for shoving)."

_______________________________

Loved it--- another good one! He always manages to deal with difficult issues and make really astute social commentary with humour and grace--- when its done well, it is fabulous! Hooray Pratchett!

Released 7 yrs ago (12/18/2011 UTC) at Montréal, YUL - P.E.T. Int'l Airport in - Aéroport/Airport -, Québec Canada

Left in the fancy lounge in internaitonla departures, near the bank of windows.

______________________________________

WELCOME TO BOOKCROSSING!

To the finder of this book:

Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large.

Feel free to read and keep this book, pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to discover, just like you did.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by londonmabel at Pointe-Claire, Québec Canada on Friday, March 20, 2015
Found this in my apartment! My guess is my husband found it at the hospital--about 20 minutes away from its release spot, 3 years ago, at the airport.

Journal Entry 4 by londonmabel at Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Québec Canada on Friday, March 20, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (3/20/2015 UTC) at Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Québec Canada

Since I already had a copy (and have already read), I gave it to a friend who wanted to try Pratchett.

It's a fantastic book. I hope many people read it. ;-)