Beyond the Veil

by Pauline Grogan | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by wingEdwardstreetwing of Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on 4/11/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingEdwardstreetwing from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Monday, April 11, 2011

Journal Entry 2 by wingEdwardstreetwing at Chicago Bar in Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (1/14/2014 UTC) at Chicago Bar in Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand

Good grief , thank goodness the Catholic Church and I parted ways.
Ths is a story of a woman a little older than me, growing up in rural NZ in a large catholic family. She becomes a nun, sees the light and leaves.
Abused by a priest, then a marriage that only just survives the challenge os a serious child hood illness.
Unsure whether I liked this woman or not, some of her medical records she quotes from rang a little true with me as well.

Read as part of the 666 challenge

Journal Entry 3 by chicklitfan at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Thursday, December 04, 2014
Caught at a bookcrossing dinner on 14th of November. Looks an interesting read. Will read and bookcross.

Journal Entry 4 by wingdiscoveryloverwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Thursday, March 02, 2017
Picked up from the meetup to release

Journal Entry 5 by chicklitfan at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Thursday, March 02, 2017
A very interesting true autobirography about Pauline who decides at a young age to become a nun, the good and bad people and experiences she encounters and what happens when she leaves the sisterhood and gets married and enters the real world for the first time.

Released at our monthly meetup of Bookcrossers

Released 2 mos ago (11/19/2018 UTC) at NZ Blood Service Building in Newtown, Wellington Province New Zealand

Dear Reader. Thank you for picking up this book! Please make a journal entry here to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free). If you join, please consider indicating that you were referred by Discoverylover. I hope you enjoy the book. You can make another journal entry with your comments when you’ve finished reading. Whenever you’re ready to send it on its way, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or release notes if you are leaving it "in the wild" again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry. It’s all confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.